PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HOU @ NE divisional PREGAME thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ok, so what do we know so far?
The weather will be around 20s (no percip.), the spread in Vegas is just a little lower and here a little higher.
BoB doesn't want to jinx all that so they're staying in the same hotel like last time (yes, the 0-27 hotel)

Oh yes, and Vincent bloody Valentine is in the right mood:

(posted before by Mack Herron in another thread but lets have it here as well to get us in the mood)
_

Here's to FULL STRIDE!

What is the current spread?

Sounds about right. Only because I dont think BB will run it up to embarrass B.O.B

That said, if we happen to lose this game... It will undoubtedly be the most embarrassing loss of the Brady era, and I'll likely drink myself into a coma.

Last edited:
Sounds about right. Only because I dont think BB will run it up to embarrass B.O.B

That said, if we happen to lose this game... It will uncountable be the most embarrassing loss of the Brady era, and I'll likely drink myself into a coma.

Agree, I may be in a pretty deep depression along with drinking myself under the table if we blow this one... I just cannot see it happening ;)

I'd like to instill some thread rules for the game thread.

No ripping on the D until it gives up more than 10points in the first half or 17 in the whole.
No ripping on Ryan until he gives up a big play
No complaining about drops unless a player drops 2 or we have 4 in the game.
No complaining about the play calling as long as the team is on pace to cover after the first quarter

Just some ideas.

Last edited:
Pats should dominate. However I have a feeling Houston will at least back door cover this spread.

agreed. Plus having to wait all day for this game is brutal.

My god, the minutes are crawling by like a dying slug.

My sister cant get here to pick my kids up for the night soon enough!

No ripping on the D until it gives up more than 10points in the first half or 17 in the second half.
No complaining about the play calling as long as the team is om pace to cover after the first quarter

Just some ideas.

I have a few ideas on how to bring lasting peace to the middle east that involve parties reacting logically and rationally. I'll share them after I broker a truce between my Jack Russell pups.

Agree, I may be in a pretty deep depression along with drinking myself under the table if we blow this one... I just cannot see it happening ;)

If this universe is inherently meaningful and not some random accident, then the Patriots are a lock to at least make it to the SB. Why? Because - and I will repeat this as many ways as I can think of - if Martellus Bennett is not a Media Day participant, a massive irreparable tear will form in the spacetime fabric and we will all be doomed, doomed, doomed. This cannot and will not be allowed to happen.

spare-time-martellus-bennett-header.jpg

No ripping on the D until it gives up more than 10points in the first half or 17 in the second half.
No complaining about the play calling as long as the team is om pace to cover after the first quarter

Just some ideas.

That slacker Ian has to write a bot that automatically supresses & ejects any posters violating these rules :)

If this universe is inherently meaningful and not some random accident, then the Patriots are a lock to at least make it to the SB. Why? Because - and I will repeat this as many ways as I can think of - if Martellus Bennett is not a Media Day participant, a massive irreparable tear will form in the spacetime fabric and we will all be doomed, doomed, doomed. This cannot and will not be allowed to happen.

spare-time-martellus-bennett-header.jpg

Just an FYI, I love that guy! Marty Bennett baby!!!

Ok, so what do we know so far?
The weather will be around 20s (no percip.), the spread in Vegas is just a little lower and here a little higher.
BoB doesn't want to jinx all that so they're staying in the same hotel like last time (yes, the 0-27 hotel)

Oh yes, and Vincent bloody Valentine is in the right mood:

(posted before by Mack Herron in another thread but lets have it here as well to get us in the mood)
_

Here's to FULL STRIDE!

Hopefully he's a pimp tonight and makes more than one Texan his Valentine :D

No matter what the spreads say . Pats will have a gameplan.

This one from MD is as simple and good as any:
Patriots Gameplan: AFCDG vs. Houston Texans
_

Quote:

In past years it was all about Gronk and Edelman, and my gameplans would be some version of get the ball to those two guys and let them make plays. Now? Find the Texans biggest struggle and attack it over and over.

There’s no secret to the Pats offensive approach now. They’ll open with Dion Lewis and begin a process of seeing how the Texans match their various personnel packages. How do they defend heavy Blount/Develin packages? How do they defend the Pony Lewis/White package? How do they defense the spread? The Patriots can run all these things with near-equal efficiency, so it’s just a matter of time until they find out what works and then the game really starts.

The gameplan used to be simple — press the receivers, make Brady throw deep and don’t sweat the running game. That no longer applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents