PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Home field Advantage ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
have not been to a game yet but it sounds pretty loud on TV unless the pats are blowing out a team or down by 2 TD's

This is the last game of the season at Gillette, for the Super Bowl. It will be loud.

The Stadium was quiet at times during the Texans game. I think they were kinda shocked how the game was playing out.

It will be loud on Sunday.

it got louder as game went on but i thought it was strangely quiet on the texans few first offensive drives.

Bull.****, the place gets plenty loud in big games. Nice first post.

It can be loud at times, but Gillette is notoriously quiet as opposed to some other stadiums. It is all because of the construction of the stadium. I don't think the OP was saying that to insult anyone, so I am not sure why(or if) you took it that way, but the OP is correct. Gillette is not loud enough MOST of the time...ESPECIALLY during AFC Championship games. I am a season ticket holder(207) and have been for 21 years and I find myself annoyed ALL THE TIME at how quiet it is during major defensive efforts.

ipredator-provocateurs1.png

Everyone needs to spread the word GET LOUD. It's win or go home and I just want the fans to do their job. If we are loud then the killer Bs (Big Ben, AB and Bell) don't have a chance. That's all that team is.

Night game for the Super Bowl, I'm guessing this won't be a problem - even with how many Steeler fans end up at every away stadium.

Yep. Night game = more time for the fans to drink beforehand. The place will be rocking. Unless, of course, the Steelers jump out to a 14-0 lead or something.

Its really weird that a bunch of people are calling the OP a troll for telling people to get loud at the game...Is that not what we should be encouraging? I swear some of you live off of being offended even at **** you are supposed to agree with.

Its no secret Gillette can be quiet. I can only go by what I hear on TV and maybe its the mic placement but its painfully obvious when there is mild enthusiasm and when its a frenzy in the stadium. The difference in sound is apparent. I wish I could afford to go just to contribute.

Pittsburgh is also outdoors, cold, windy and snowy.. Home field advantage is about being loud and rowdy. Gillette is not even close to as loud as other stadiums and I want that to change this weekend
Just wondering? Have you ever been there during a playoff game?

It can be loud at times, but Gillette is notoriously quiet as opposed to some other stadiums. It is all because of the construction of the stadium. I don't think the OP was saying that to insult anyone, so I am not sure why(or if) you took it that way, but the OP is correct. Gillette is not loud enough MOST of the time...ESPECIALLY during AFC Championship games. I am a season ticket holder(207) and have been for 21 years and I find myself annoyed ALL THE TIME at how quiet it is during major defensive efforts.

Exactly. That is a significant factor

I agree pwes. The stadium can get loud at times but it is USUALLY way too quiet and far more quiet than most other stadiums and I challenge ANY season ticket holder to dispute that with me. I have been going to games before Brady was ever QB and Foxborough stadium was far louder than Gillette. Heck, even Pete Carroll called out our fans for being too quiet this year:

Pete Carroll Calls Out Patriots’ Crowd For Quiet Atmosphere At Gillette Stadium

There are literally TONS of stories about Gillette being a quiet stadium:

Stadium of Silence: Gillette versus Arrowhead

or

Home field advantage: the Pats don't have it

or NFL Forum :: - Why is Gillette So Quiet?

Many speculate that the fans have become complacent, but I can assure you that is not the case at all. We are AMPED up at the games and most of us try to be VERY LOUD....

Its the construction of the stadium, there is no echo like other stadiums have.

You can hear the fans get super loud at times on television, and I suspect we will see that this Sunday, but its generally only in BIG games and when great defense is needed.

I agree pwes. The stadium can get loud at times but it is USUALLY way too quiet and far more quiet than most other stadiums and I challenge ANY season ticket holder to dispute that with me. I have been going to games before Brady was ever QB and Foxborough stadium was far louder than Gillette. Heck, even Pete Carroll called out our fans for being too quiet this year:

Pete Carroll Calls Out Patriots’ Crowd For Quiet Atmosphere At Gillette Stadium

There are literally TONS of stories about Gillette being a quiet stadium:

Stadium of Silence: Gillette versus Arrowhead

or

Home field advantage: the Pats don't have it

or NFL Forum :: - Why is Gillette So Quiet?

Many speculate that the fans have become complacent, but I can assure you that is not the case at all. We are AMPED up at the games and most of us try to be VERY LOUD....

Its the construction of the stadium, there is no echo like other stadiums have.

You can hear the fans get super loud at times on television, and I suspect we will see that this Sunday, but its generally only in BIG games and when great defense is needed.
New yankee stadium is the perfect example. No home field advantage anymore. It all has to to do with the construction.

Its really weird that a bunch of people are calling the OP a troll for telling people to get loud at the game...Is that not what we should be encouraging? I swear some of you live off of being offended even at **** you are supposed to agree with.

Its no secret Gillette can be quiet. I can only go by what I hear on TV and maybe its the mic placement but its painfully obvious when there is mild enthusiasm and when its a frenzy in the stadium. The difference in sound is apparent. I wish I could afford to go just to contribute.
If you haven't been there I don't wanna hear it, to put it bluntly. The place is loud. It just doesn't sound like it on TV cause it's an outdoor stadium with an open endzone.

If you haven't been there I don't wanna hear it, to put it bluntly. The place is loud. It just doesn't sound like it on TV cause it's an outdoor stadium with an open endzone.

Hence why I stated maybe it is the mics. I'm just saying I've heard it 'quiet' on tv and I've heard it 'loud'. Its all relative and still loud but there are times when the fans could be louder and that is really the point of the OP and what I was pointing out.

I just want to talk about how Gillette stadium doesn't get loud enough. I can't stress this enough. There is a lot of factors to this. Whoever goes to the game this Sunday needs to GET LOUD. Spread the word. Who knows if we ever get another opportunity like this. We need to take advantage of this home field advantage and GET LOUD all game. GET LOUD, STAY LOUD and tell everybody. Pittsburgh is a offensive team. If we GET LOUD we can mess with their chemistry... Let's take advantage of this moment.

Thanks for the Rah Rah. :rolleyes: As if you or I or anyone else would predicate their Behavior based upon some Random InterNet Dude nominating himself for the role of Head CheerLeader. o_O

The Stadium was stupidly engineered. Acoustics. Cups capture sound. Kansas City?? Bowls ~ Plates, really ~ don't capture ****. The first thing that I do, if ever I buy that Team, is to level that place.

Cheering in The Stadium Where Noise Goes To Die, Patriot Fans're the equivalent of a Marathon Runner training for the Marathon, laden down with 60 Pounds of Bricks in'is BackPack.

Put us in the same Stadium, 50/50 Split, with a bunch of Chiefs Fans, for instance...And you'll have to check your Program Guide to find out who the Patriots are playing, that day. :eek:

So please spare us the Rah, Rah, CheerLeader.

We got this.

LIS I went to the 2014 AFCCG. 45-7 game, in the rain, and the stadium was ROCKING from start to finish. I don't know how it sounded on TV but I bet it wasn't even close to how it was in person

You're not the boss of me.

I've been to 3 AFC Championship games and a couple Divisional Games. It gets loud, end of discussion. And despite their reputation the red seats are ALWAYS full throughout a big game with the exception of the first few minutes after halftime when people are still inside the club.

Now I'm sure stadiums like Arrowhead or Century Link get louder due to several factors. But we hold our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST