PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Home field Advantage ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't been there I don't wanna hear it, to put it bluntly. The place is loud. It just doesn't sound like it on TV cause it's an outdoor stadium with an open endzone.

Have you been to other stadiums? I am telling you, its not that the fans aren't being loud, its that the construction of the stadium and its poor acoustics make it a terrible stadium for noise. You seem to be responding like this is a personal dig on you, or the fan base in general. This stadium ISN"T loud by ANY stretch, so I am not sure what you are trying to say when you tell people "If you haven't been there I don't wanna hear it, to put it bluntly. The place is loud. It just doesn't sound like it on TV cause it's an outdoor stadium with an open endzone."

Its not loud, and that is evidenced by what fans at home hear on their TVs. Willing it to be loud will not help. As many of us have stated numerous times, it CAN BE LOUD AT TIMES, but it is a notoriously quiet stadium. I go to every game, i have been to almost a hundred games between Sullivan, Foxboro, and Gillette, and its the crappy construction of the stadium. Its not very loud even at the games most of the time, even if we are all screaming.

Just wondering? Have you ever been there during a playoff game?
Yes, I went for the 2011-2012 AFC Championship vs Baltimore game that we won. It was loud around me, don't get me wrong but it wasn't consistent enough. When you go to a game vs watching it on tv, you see whether the stadium is alive or not better on the tv.

I just want to talk about how Gillette stadium doesn't get loud enough. I can't stress this enough. There is a lot of factors to this. Whoever goes to the game this Sunday needs to GET LOUD. Spread the word. Who knows if we ever get another opportunity like this. We need to take advantage of this home field advantage and GET LOUD all game. GET LOUD, STAY LOUD and tell everybody. Pittsburgh is a offensive team. If we GET LOUD we can mess with their chemistry... Let's take advantage of this moment.
Enough of this nonsense. The stadium gets as loud as it can during key games and in key situations. Try attending a few of them.

Yes, I went for the 2011-2012 AFC Championship vs Baltimore game that we won. It was loud around me, don't get me wrong but it wasn't consistent enough. When you go to a game vs watching it on tv, you see whether the stadium is alive or not better on the tv.

I generally don't analyze the crowd when I'm watching tv, so I can't really make any comparisons

Who was the idiot that designed this stadium? Forget horrible acoustics, it's one of the ugliest stadiums in the NFL

DMac just said on TV he thought it was great last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back