PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower, Van Naughty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love both. Have no idea why either has gotten grief.

Wonder how Felger and Mazarrotti will be able to discuss the vitriol they unleashed in a bizarre rant in which they skewered Van Noy both as a player and a person for reasons that remain unknown..

Never got that, he is a very good player who works on behalf of children in Foster Care... at XMAS he gave away 253 Christmas trees, 600 coats, and took care of 250 foster families.. hard not to like that..

Really enjoyed when he almost cut Goff in two.. nice job by KVN..

Hightower once again showed up big under the brightest lights..

Last edited:
When Van Noy was acquired, I knew he’d be a great addition to this team. He just seemed like a BB type of player (to me at least). Very happy for him. Got better every year he was here.

For all those guys (reporters / radio-heads) who trashed him, I wonder how they prefer their crow:

-fried
-deep fried
-boiled
-broiled
-baked
-honey baked
-steamed
-filleted
-grilled
-smoked
-sautéed
-raw
-BBQ
-Jerk
-Curry
-sesame ginger

I can keep going...:D

Really enjoyed when he almost cut Goff in two.. nice job by KVN.

Absolutely. I remember thinking about how slow he looked trying to cover running backs least year. Then this year, he didn't look so bad in coverage most of the time, which shows how much faster he has gotten mentally with practice. That mental quickness can substitute for physical quickness to some degree, but nothing replaced straight line speed. The way he closed on Goff on that play showed some impressive top speed. Goff sure looked surprised.

Add Bentley next year..... miam.

JMac made a huge difference in this game. He broke up at least two passes that would’ve been big plays. He was a big improvement over Eric Rowe.

I’ll admit that I was a bit skeptical when everyone was automatically penciling him in as the CB2, but he most certainly proved me wrong and rose to the occasion, this year.
So glad McCourty not only stepped it up but he had a very good season. I'm. It sure I could have handled any more of Eric Rowe.

I have no idea where this Hightower was all season. He looked much quicker and faster yesterday

Defense really stepped up the last half of the year. I have to say that I'd vote for Van Noy as the Pats D player of the year. Not putting anyone else down, Flowers and Hightower as great, but Van Noy seems to come up big in most every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back