PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower re-signs with NE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe he didn't choose the JETS!
The Jets still have those millions. They oughtta give it to Fireman Ed and bring back the only thing remotely entertaining about their pathetic franchise. Apparently fielding an actual football team is irretrievably beyond them.

Apparently Schefter said on ESPN that the Jets told Hightower that if he walked out the door, they would not do business with him anymore. Funny, both the Jets and Steelers went with a hard-sell approach to a guy who clearly did not want to be hard sold.

I wonder how many times the Jets used that line on Revis? High probably grabbed a few extra cupcakes, looked at Woody, and said "next time bake me a cake....fool. Im out"

Chandler Jones - $51M guaranteed
Jamie Collins - $26.5M guaranteed
Dont'a Hightower - $19M guaranteed

Either Hightower has a really risky injury history, his position just isn't one that suits most teams, or other teams are really stupid. Probably a combination of the three.

The Jones trade in particular makes a ton of sense now. Most everyone here have long believed Hightower is more valuable to the Patriots than Jones, money aside. BB a year ahead of the game on that one as usual. Insanity that Jones got that mega-deal in comparison.
His injury history is obvious. And he's not an edge rusher.

Now all we need is for Btuler to come back back and we have a sick defense. Pick up a corner in the draft and life will be good.

Pittsburgh beat writer now calls Hightower "overrated" and he did the steelers a favor by signing with NE. :D

By heading back to New England, Dont'a Hightower does the Steelers a favor

Holy ****! I cannot believe I just read that article. That was literally one of the worst hissy fits I've read from a "reporter"! Total meltdown from Bouchette, you can almost see him red-faced as he is boxing up his new custom Steelers Hightower jersey to return. WTF did I just read!?

Knew it would be Ed Bouchette. Biggest homer...said last year Ben was better than Brady at that point in their careers. Spygate truther.

You mean "Douche"-ette?

Great way to put a stamp on free agency, onto the draft!

This offseason has been pure sex

DH
Cooks
Branch
Harmon
Gilmore
Burkhead
Ealy
Guy
Sir, if you're gonna make such a claim, then I expect to see Scarlett Johansson's name somewhere on the list. :mad:

:D

I'm just being an ass because resigned vs re-signed is one of my peeves

I'm glad it looks like he'll be a life long Patriot. Such clutch plays to help win two Super Bowls. Really doing that #54 a good honor like he hoped he would
Yup, like their vs they're.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick