PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey, it's an NFC East year... is this a good omen or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Patriots results in NFC East years since BB/Brady:

2003- ring-a ding-ding!!!!
2007- awesome season... right up 'til the $%&#!! end...
2011- overcame a mediocre defense to make the Super Bowl... then... #%$#%@!!!... more cartoon swearing...
2015- 10-0!!!! ...then injuries EVERYWHERE... hello, Steven Jackson? yikes... still limped to the AFCCG and were a 2-pt conversion away from OT.

So, every single NFC East year they were in the AFCCG... 3-1 record in the AFCCG... 1 Super Bowl win... BUT... perhaps the 2 worst fershlugginer shlimazel losses of the era (I'm channeling my inner @Patjew :) ) .

So... good omen... or bad? I'm gonna say... good...

How about it being an odd year? Last SB win on a odd year 2003.

2-3 in SBs on an odd year.

I know at least one of those games should be a lot of fun for some team.

How about it being an odd year? Last SB win on a odd year 2003.

2-3 in SBs on an odd year.

2003 was also an NFCE season. The Pats went 3-1 vs them that year with the only loss being to the Redskins in Washington. That was the last Pats loss until the next season vs Pittsburgh, 21 games.

I don't know about good omen or bad omen but definitely a good year for road trips. I'm seriously considering going to all 19.

The only good road games are: @Mia and maybe @HOU because it is indoors.

And the Superbowl is in Miami....dunno....

If I were to do a roadie...it would be Miami...giant sized Margaritas in South Beach....

The only good road games are: @Mia and maybe @HOU because it is indoors.

And the Superbowl is in Miami....dunno....

If I were to do a roadie...it would be Miami...giant sized Margaritas in South Beach....
I just meant in terms of expense. Can drive to a lot of them.

@ Jets
@ Philly
@Balt
@ DC

Anyone who lives in the Amtrak corridor can see up to 12 Pats games without having to get on a plane or go for a long drive. When else has that happened?

I just meant in terms of expense. Can drive to a lot of them.

Ah, I live in San Diego...

Was able to catch games @SD and @SF in recent years. Looking forward to @LAR, @LAC, and @LAS Vegas in upcoming years...

All these trends with zero causation are always brought up. How many consecutive SB losers had failed to win it the next year?

All these trends with zero causation are always brought up. How many consecutive SB losers had failed to win it the next year?
No team has ever won seven Super Bowls. I’m concerned...

2003 was also an NFCE season. The Pats went 3-1 vs them that year with the only loss being to the Redskins in Washington. That was the last Pats loss until the next season vs Pittsburgh, 21 games.
Speaking of, I’m starting to think a regular season Tom Brady loss at Pittsburgh may actually be a good thing. ‘04, ‘11, ‘18. All SB appearances.

Fingers crossed for 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back