PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez quietly putting together a solid 2nd season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIpats88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
most of the praise this year has gone to gronkowski and deservadly so considering how hes really stepped up his game.

but, hernandez is also putting together a nice sophmore campaign. he hit the 600yard mark today...and will probably end the season with 700+yards 5 or 6tds

Aaron is like a bad beat in poker for me though, I can't really think of any of his good plays, but I can vividly see his TD drops in my mind. Way too many this year.

Pretty impressive given the MCL injury.

Aaron is like a bad beat in poker for me though, I can't really think of any of his good plays, but I can vividly see his TD drops in my mind. Way too many this year.

I think it was Jim McBride in the Globe a few weeks ago who said (to paraphrase), "Am I the only one who things Hernandez is either going to get hurt or fumble every time he catches the football?" I thought that was pretty spot on.

That said, no denying he's been a great option for this offense. Just amazing that the Pats got these two tight ends in one draft.

I agree with Uncle Rico PF77

Hernandez makes me cringe a lot. He does some things really well, but other times he's a real head scratcher.

He reminds me of Maroney when he runs. He never just... runs with the ball. He always seems to try and make someone miss, but they rarely do

Rarely makes anyone miss? Not sure what team you have been watching this year but Hernandez gets by people all the time with his moves. I do agree that his extra effort makes me nervous that he is a fumble waiting to happen and he has had a few untimely drops.

Rarely makes anyone miss? Not sure what team you have been watching this year but Hernandez gets by people all the time with his moves. I do agree that his extra effort makes me nervous that he is a fumble waiting to happen and he has had a few untimely drops.

Well like another poster said, all the good things he does are quickly forgotten, and replaced by a blunder.

Well like another poster said, all the good things he does are quickly forgotten, and replaced by a blunder.

Give the kid a break. 1st he never gets by people (watch for the 1st catch of the game today to see that one debunked).

I will say tho i agree with the nervousness when he has that ball in one arm but he is a match up nightmare out there.

Every time Aaron gets a ball thrown his way...I close my eyes...:D

huh? You're talking about Aaron Hernandez, right? I'd say he is one of the more elusive receivers on this team. While Gronk runs through people, Hernandez runs around them.

But yes, I agree - with all the talent he clearly has, you'd think he would be able to haul in a few more TD catches (see the drop tonight) and keep the ball a bit more secure.

I think it was Jim McBride in the Globe a few weeks ago who said (to paraphrase), "Am I the only one who things Hernandez is either going to get hurt or fumble every time he catches the football?" I thought that was pretty spot on.

That said, no denying he's been a great option for this offense. Just amazing that the Pats got these two tight ends in one draft.

Pretty much my thoughts (all sides of it).

The example of Kevin Faulk gives me a lot of hope for Hernandez. At a different position, he's starting out better than Faulk did early in his career. If he can get to be as good a player as peak Faulk, I'll be happy. If he gets to be better, I'll be delighted.

tumblr_lt6m9yoXtA1qg2ly7.gif

Pretty sure Hernandez leads all TEs in the NFL in broken tackles. Well, at least he did before Gronk broke like 10 today :lol2:

he is pretty good but how awesome would it have been to draft Jimmy Graham instead? Graham AND Gronk? damn...

Meh, I disagree. This is the year of the Gronk. Hernandez moves the chains but I'd like to see more down the field stuff with him.

he is pretty good but how awesome would it have been to draft Jimmy Graham instead? Graham AND Gronk? damn...

Jimmy is a 6'6 260 lbs TE who you would think could block but can't. HE was also so damn unpolished coming out of college. He only played 1 year of college football at the U.

I'll take Aaron over Graham +Gronk. Aaron is treated as a WR to most defenses.

Meh, I disagree. This is the year of the Gronk. Hernandez moves the chains but I'd like to see more down the field stuff with him.

I still think that MCL bothers him. Compared to last year and early part of this season, he hasn't been running intermediate and deep routes like he used to.

It's all 5-15 yard routes.

I still think that MCL bothers him. Compared to last year and early part of this season, he hasn't been running intermediate and deep routes like he used to.

It's all 5-15 yard routes.

Hes moving better but I agree, his knee still isn't 100%.

Jimmy is a 6'6 260 lbs TE who you would think could block but can't. HE was also so damn unpolished coming out of college. He only played 1 year of college football at the U.

I'll take Aaron over Graham +Gronk. Aaron is treated as a WR to most defenses.

Jimmy Graham's blocking is at the very least on par with Hernandez'. He's also split out wide in a great deal of the plays he's in. Honestly, saying you'd rather have Hernandez than Graham at this point is borderline insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes