PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here Comes the Go Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowGettingUp

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
So the Brady/Hogan connection was the best go route combo in the NFL in 2016.

From PFF:

Best go route (min. 10 targeted routes): Chris Hogan, New England Patriots

Hogan was able to dominate when being targeted on the go route. He caught 7 of his 13 targets, giving him a 53.84 percent catch rate, tied for the highest rate in the league. He led the league in both yards (299) and touchdowns (4), as well as tying for the highest WR rating at 138.6. On four of his incompletions, three were overthrown and one was dropped, showing that Hogan was able consistently to beat the defense deep​

and

Best QB on go routes (min. 10 targeted attempts): Tom Brady, New England Patriots

It is no coincidence that Chris Hogan was the most successful receiver on go routes when you look at how effective Tom Brady was throwing the route. Brady was PFF’s highest-graded QB on go routes, completing 20 of 48 passes for 660 yards, 6 touchdowns, and a QB rating of 119.8. Brady was second in QB rating, third in touchdowns, third in completions, and second in yards on the go route. Brady was eighth in completion percentage at 41 percent, but was fifth in adjusted completion percentage at 48 percent due to his receivers dropping three passes. He had great success on the go route versus the Cover 3, as 7 of his 13 passes resulted in either first downs or touchdowns, and one of his incompletions was on a miscommunication.
Now with Cooks and Dorsett (both 4.33 40-yard times) added to Hogan, defenses are going to be in trouble. Dorsett is apparently not that sophisticated a route runner at all, but he sure has speed. He apparently doesn't play up to his measurable quickness and also (according to Bedard) not overly fond of contact, so not sure how Dorsett might do in the slot here. But we'll be fine with him just taking the top off the defense.

Going to be a lot of room underneath for Gronk and a RB out of the backfield as well as for quick slants and the like by Cook.

Now with Cooks and Dorsett (both 4.33 40-yard times) added to Hogan, defenses are going to be in trouble. Dorsett is apparently not that sophisticated a route runner at all, but he sure has speed. He apparently doesn't play up to his measurable quickness and also (according to Bedard) not overly fond of contact, so not sure how Dorsett might do in the slot here. But we'll be fine with him just taking the top off the defense.
I am on the job.

Bill does realize that this OL is uttery incapable of sustaining blocks for Go routes to develop…doesn't he?

p.s.: Phil Dorsett sucks. He doesn't know - and is likely incapablele of learning - how to run Tom Brady-preferred routes; he hates contact, even if it's just blocking; doesn't want to return punts (you know, the whole hates contact thingy); and oh yeah…his hands suck too.

Bill bent over and allowed the Clots - THE INDY FECKIN CLOTS - to rape him…TWICE!! First it was Dwops Allen; now it's Phil Dorsett - 2 of the players most afflicted with Incurable Indy Clots Disease whom I would have avoided having on my team unless they were offered for free.

What a terrible, terrible weekend this has been for this franchise.

Dorsett and Cooks split wide means no DB within 7 yards of LOS with safeties wide. 2 TE set with Gronk and Allen. Lotsa big runs.

Last edited:
At 39 Brady was throwing a better deep ball than he was in his 20s. Maybe even better than he did in 2007 since a bunch of those TDs were from Moss making a crazy play of his own. I hope he can keep it going.

Bill does realize that this OL is uttery incapable of sustaining blocks for Go routes to develop…doesn't he?

p.s.: Phil Dorsett sucks. He doesn't know - and is likely incapablele of learning - how to run Tom Brady-preferred routes; he hates contact, even if it's just blocking; doesn't want to return punts (you know, the whole hates contact thingy); and oh yeah…his hands suck too.

Bill bent over and allowed the Clots - THE INDY FECKIN CLOTS - to rape him…TWICE!! First it was Dwops Allen; now it's Phil Dorsett - 2 of the players most afflicted with Incurable Indy Clots Disease whom I would have avoided having on my team unless they were offered for free.

You know I love your willingness to let it fly, Captain, but I think you're cray-cray on this one.

And how exactly do you know that "He doesn't know - and is likely incapablele of learning - how to run Tom Brady-preferred routes"?

Clots....is that what passes for comedy/wit these days? Do better.

And how exactly do you know that "He doesn't know - and is likely incapablele of learning - how to run Tom Brady-preferred routes"?

Welcome to Pats fans dot com, where annoying and unfunny sad dad puns are the height of comedy. You're apparently not a true fan unless you type "Jests."

FYI, Dorsett loves contact. He's very tough, a big time competitor loves to compete. It's because of his lack of size and below average strength, he has struggled with 50-50 balls. But toughness has never been an issue with him patsfans, the man loves competing.

At 39 Brady was throwing a better deep ball than he was in his 20s. Maybe even better than he did in 2007 since a bunch of those TDs were from Moss making a crazy play of his own. I hope he can keep it going.

Disagree.

That's a 74 yard throw which touched moss hands, the DB made a great play. That's an incredible long throw.

Brady can't do that physically anymore

Disagree.

That's a 74 yard throw which touched moss hands, the DB made a great play. That's an incredible long throw.

Brady can't do that physically anymore

Effin hell man, I get the point you are trying to make but this **** should come with a warning. I know it's been 10 years now, does not make it any easier to watch.

Cheers

Man... I love you. Almost always disagree with you, but still love you.

That just sounds like negative covfefe to me.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye