PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here Comes the Go Route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill does realize that this OL is uttery incapable of sustaining blocks for Go routes to develop…doesn't he?

p.s.: Phil Dorsett sucks. He doesn't know - and is likely incapablele of learning - how to run Tom Brady-preferred routes; he hates contact, even if it's just blocking; doesn't want to return punts (you know, the whole hates contact thingy); and oh yeah…his hands suck too.

Bill bent over and allowed the Clots - THE INDY FECKIN CLOTS - to rape him…TWICE!! First it was Dwops Allen; now it's Phil Dorsett - 2 of the players most afflicted with Incurable Indy Clots Disease whom I would have avoided having on my team unless they were offered for free.

What a terrible, terrible weekend this has been for this franchise.

Dorsett will be covered by the #3 CB and can outrun #1s. It's how Josh uses him with the GOAT QB throwing the ball that will elevate his performance.

Bill does realize that this OL is uttery incapable of sustaining blocks for Go routes to develop…doesn't he?

p.s.: Phil Dorsett sucks. He doesn't know - and is likely incapablele of learning - how to run Tom Brady-preferred routes; he hates contact, even if it's just blocking; doesn't want to return punts (you know, the whole hates contact thingy); and oh yeah…his hands suck too.

Bill bent over and allowed the Clots - THE INDY FECKIN CLOTS - to rape him…TWICE!! First it was Dwops Allen; now it's Phil Dorsett - 2 of the players most afflicted with Incurable Indy Clots Disease whom I would have avoided having on my team unless they were offered for free.

Damn captain... you're definitely in form today!

Can't wait to see Cooks, Dorsett and Hogan together on one side and Gronk on the other. Hope that's the first play from scrimmage on Thursday, cue a pre-snap shot of the opposing DC's expression...

Before the DC poops himself.

Can't wait to see Cooks, Dorsett and Hogan together on one side and Gronk on the other. Hope that's the first play from scrimmage on Thursday, cue a pre-snap shot of the opposing DC's expression...

That might be better than Mitchell instead of Dorsett, or not.

With three super-fast receivers on the field, I think defences are going to be forced into some variant of Cover-2 or Tampa-2. This nice article explains how to beat those:

Throwing Against Cover 2 - Inside The Pylon
Good read, thanks.

Reading the part about screens being among the good ways to attack Cover 2 reminded me that screens are also a good way to slow down a pass rush and give the OL some help in pass protection.

Josh and TB and Dante must be licking their chops!

So you have one amateur fan opinion worth exactly "one fan's opinion"

Here's the deal...You don't know squat compared to Belichick so get over it

Brady will kill a cover 2 defense.
Well I don't think anyone runs a vanilla cover 2 any more. But with all the speed on the Pats now, opponents will likely often be forced to run some variant of it, and so that article is still informative.

With three super-fast receivers on the field, I think defences are going to be forced into some variant of Cover-2 or Tampa-2. This nice article explains how to beat those:

Throwing Against Cover 2 - Inside The Pylon

I can write a shorter article and say the same thing:

Put 12 at QB.

Teams playing Cover 2 against the Patriots are why Brady's going to the HOF.

As I posted a few weeks back, someday they'll surprise us by giving Slater his one catch before he retires with a screen pass.

He's getting a TD this year.

Well I don't think anyone runs a vanilla cover 2 any more. But with all the speed on the Pats now, opponents will likely often be forced to run some variant of it, and so that article is still informative.

Correct. Many teams are using a cover two look to disguise their actual coverage. Their main goal is to attempt to confuse the QB or the Receiver into making the wrong read and force a turnover or at least an incompletion.

But with that said, having two speedy deep threats can put a lot of pressure on the secondary. Should be fun to watch.

I think the basic Pat plan will be to try to stress the defense at all levels - one or more of the speed guys down the field, Gronk, Cooks or Mitchell at the intermediate level, an a RB that can catch for the short passes/dump-off catches and for play-action.

Single-coverage on Gronk or Cooks is going to make you look stupid, so it's likely going to be all nickel pretty much all the time. The Pats RBs and Mason are going to be happy campers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back