PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heinz Fields 2x 2 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Pat

On the Roster
Reaction score
Can i just ask how come we are playing the steelers at Heinz field next year when we just played them away this season. Thx

Ps, anyone got Katie Nolan's phone number? Asking for a friend obv

Happens all the time in the schedule rotation formula. We were at Denver each of the last 2 years as well.

Can i just ask how come we are playing the steelers at Heinz field next year when we just played them away this season. Thx

Ps, anyone got Katie Nolan's phone number? Asking for a friend obv

It's a quirk of the schedule. It's actually 3 years in a row - the 2016 game without Ben playing was in Pittsburgh.

Whenever you play non-divisional but same conference opponents, *if* you play them every year, it will go on three year cycles. So in this specific instance:
- 2016, Pats play entire AFC north, scheduled to be in Pittsburgh because 2013 was in New England
- 2017, Pats play corresponding AFC north power-pairing on the road; since both teams finished in 1st place, it was Pittsburgh
- 2018, Pats play corresponding AFC north power-pairing on the road; since both teams finished in 1st place, it was Pittsburgh
- 2019, Pats play entire AFC North, scheduled to play the Steelers in Foxboro because 2016 was in Pittsburgh
- 2020, Pats play corresponding AFC north power-pairing at home; yet to be determined
- 2021, Pats play corresponding AFC north power-pairing at home; yet to be determined.

Look through the Pats schedule history with Indianapolis from 2003 - 2011 and you'll see the same thing (road, home, home, home, road, road, road, home, home). You also got to see it with the Broncos from 2011 - 2017 (road, home, home, home, road, road, road).

Last edited:
Thank you for your detailed answer thor, seems to need a bit of getting used to. Its not like the English Premier League.
I take it you dont have her number ?

It feels like they play there every year since 07. Off the top of my head:

2010 - W 39-26
2011 - L 25-17
2013 - W 55-31
2016 - W against that crappy backup
2017 - W 27-24

2016 playoffs was based on seeding

It feels like they play there every year since 07. Off the top of my head:

2010 - W 39-26
2011 - L 25-17
2013 - W 55-31
2016 - W against that crappy backup
2017 - W 27-24

2016 playoffs was based on seeding

2013 was in New England, and that's still only half of the years since 2007.

It's a quirk of the schedule. It's actually 3 years in a row - the 2015 game without Ben playing was in Pittsburgh.

The annoying thing about this home-home-home-away-away-away cycle is that it only applies to the AFC East and NFC East. They could easily cycle that among the divisions but for some reason they don't.

My memory isn’t what it used to be but I think the pats have won more afccg at Pitt vs in foxboro, against the squeelers

I have her number. And you can FRO if you think I'm sharing it

Personally I'd just as soon play them at Heinz for every regular season game. Watching the Pats shut up 68k Yinzers and seeing them cry into those towels that match the color of what runs down Tomlin's leg when he sees the Pats on the opposite sideline is always a pleasure.

Personally I'd just as soon play them at Heinz for every regular season game. Watching the Pats shut up 68k Yinzers and seeing them cry into those towels that match the color of what runs down Tomlin's leg when he sees the Pats on the opposite sideline is always a pleasure.

One of my favorite terrible towel memories is from last year's AFCCG. When the game started there were quite a few of them spinning like crazy at Gillette. As the game went on they started slowing down, little by little, until they looked like ceiling fans that had been turned off. Soon they all just stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents