PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haynesworth sentencing; league & fan response; legal & NFL discipline (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Haynesworth - Impartial Jury?

It was Haynesworth, not the waitress', attorney trying to bribe witnesses.

No. Haynesworth was trying to get a settlement with the waitress. The waitress' attorney was trying to bribe a witness.

re: Haynesworth sentencing & league response (merged)

The point is, none of us knows much of anything about what happened. And yet, he's halfway convicted by the court of public opinion.

Half way convicted? You're being nice. If I didn't know better, by reading this thread I'd "know" he pleaded guilty to assault & battery, and molestation. He then should be out at least 4 games, be castrated, and have a book thrown at him. And if he even tries to work after his football career in Pujo's company... well... it's not going to be pretty.

Last edited:

Haynesworth was toast and the only way out was to plead nolo contendere.

For the umpteenth time, he did not plead no contest to the charges against him.

He pleaded no contest to a far lesser charge, simple assault, which is not an offense related to sex
and not even an offense than acknowledges physical contact. It is akin to causing someone to trip and fall. It's not classy, but it is far less than was alleged.

Last edited:
Haynesworth NOT expected to face NFL discipline

Bottom of ESPN story, just updated 3 minutes ago...

Updated: August 22, 2011, 8:39 PM ET

New England Patriots' Albert Haynesworth pleads no contest to assault - ESPN Boston

An NFL spokesperson said the incident is under review when asked by ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss if Haynesworth could face league discipline. A league source, however, told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is not expected to hand down any further discipline to Haynesworth.

Last edited:

Half way convicted? You're being nice. If I didn't know better, by reading this thread I'd "know" he pleaded guilty to assault & battery, and molestation. He then should be out at least 4 games, be castrated, and have a book thrown at him. And if he even tries to work after his football career in Pujo's company... well... it's not going to be pretty.

He pleaded no contest to fondling the breast of a woman who had her hands full of dishes and trays so she couldn't even slap him.

That's deserving of punishment of some sort, isn't it?

He pleaded no contest to fondling the breast of a woman who had her hands full of dishes and trays so she couldn't even slap him.

No, that's not what he pleaded no contest to.

Re: Haynesworth NOT expected to face NFL discipline

It would seem that now he is with a new team they are giving him a chance to get his act together.

merge.....did we need a new thread for this?:bricks:

Oh goody!!! Another Haynesworth thread to merge with the other 6!!!

This is precisely what I'm talking about.

1. He plead no contest, which has no bearing on guilt or innocence.
2. He plead to simple assault, which doesn't require that he touch her at all.
3. There is no evidence other than he-said, she-said that anyone in this thread has brought forward.

What you are doing here on this Board is why people have to accept these agreements.

I posted this, of course, this morning. Hours later they come to a plea deal. Coincidence? Obviously not. He saw my concern with the jury approach, and took action. Quite clearly, I SAVED FOOTBALL IN NEW ENGLAND! Mr. Kraft, may I please have Super Bowl tickets?

You're welcome! :)

Isn't anybody going to thank me for saving football in New England?

Now he can concentrate on helping the Patriots have their most dominating defense EVER!

reposts.gif

For the umpteenth time, he did not plead no contest to the charges against him.

He pleaded no contest to a far lesser charge, simple assault, which is not an offense related to sex
and not even an offense than acknowledges physical contact. It is akin to causing someone to trip and fall. It's not classy, but it is far less than was alleged.

Yes, he pleaded no contest to far less than he most likely did. Oh, excuse me, than was alleged.

We can all be proud.

This is precisely what I'm talking about.

1. He plead no contest, which has no bearing on guilt or innocence.
2. He plead to simple assault, which doesn't require that he touch her at all.
3. There is no evidence other than he-said, she-said that anyone in this thread has brought forward.

What you are doing here on this Board is why people have to accept these agreements.

I'm not sure what I am doing exactly that relates to the legal system other than pointing out that pleading no contest means there was some merit to the charge.

You are correct that the term assault does not require physical contact. He did admit that he has no defense from the charge that he threatened her well-being, however. That is the definition of assault.

What other evidence do you think is necessary to demonstrate that he doesn't deserve a free pass?

Having said that, he didn't get a free pass, so let's move on.

Re: Haynesworth sentencing & league response (merged)

I highly doubt he gets suspended for this. Guys have done much worse and not gotten anything.

I tend to agree. If he pleaded guilty or was found guilty the league would be forced to do something about it. With no contest it's a judgement call, and being he's with a new team and he isn't exactly the face of the nfl the league may overlook this one

FYI, Mike Reiss updated his article to reflect that Schefter has heard that Haynesworth will receive no disciplinary actions from the league:

An NFL spokesperson said the incident is under review when asked by ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss if Haynesworth could face league discipline. A league source, however, told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is not expected to hand down any further discipline to Haynesworth.

New England Patriots' Albert Haynesworth pleads no contest to assault - ESPN Boston

BTW, I am guessing that Belichick and/or Kraft checked with the league before making the trade to get a barometer on whether Haynesworth would get a suspension from this incident before they made the trade.

Last edited by a moderator:

i bet that is exactly what happened. No way this team makes the trade without consulting the league commisioner and in house counsel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore