PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haynesworth sentencing; league & fan response; legal & NFL discipline (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Haynesworth - Impartial Jury?

Unfortunately, it ain't over until the Chief JEST Fan says it's over.

re: Haynesworth sentencing & league response (merged)

Not gonna play that game.

When was the last time you were in a diner where alcohol is available, or bar or lounge? These girls play the game with their flirting and their outfits in the hope of getting a bigger tip. I've played in bars for years and it's the same thing everywhere. The waitresses lean over extra far and give those coy smiles because they know the guys love it and the more the guys drink the more they will tip.

It's the way the game is played. These young women don't have any need to work in these places, no one forces them too, but when they work there they also have a choice to be straight up or flirt with the men and they learn real quickly how big the difference is between tips when they act one way as opposed to the other.

I have 2 daughters, and I don't particularly want them to work in a place like that, but it would be their choice if they did.

And let's not forget that she knew exactly who he was, and I have no doubt she was also looking for a big payday from Albert over this. Why else would she have had someone offer a witness $50K to lie on the stand in support of her allegations?

Just because a woman dresses provocatively doesn't give a thug a reason to use the middle area between her breasts or even her ass crack as a credit card swiping machine.

You must not pay much attention to the news, plea bargains are frequently offered in cases where there's good evidence to 1) save the government the expense of a trial and 2) because juries are sometimes unpredictable.

Turning around what you said, I don't think Albert would have accepted a plea bargain if he knew he was innocent.

Turning around what you said.

Maybe he just wanted it over and and move on, based upon legal advice. Maybe.

Geesh. Keeping pretending like you know what he's thinking.

You must not pay much attention to the news, plea bargains are frequently offered in cases where there's good evidence to 1) save the government the expense of a trial and 2) because juries are sometimes unpredictable.

Turning around what you said, I don't think Albert would have accepted a plea bargain if he knew he was innocent.

pujo, no offense dude, but you're embarrassing yourself. it is apparent you know absolutely nothing about the legal system except for a few generalities you have probably heard your friends talk about from time to time.

for example, above, your missing 1 other, yet equally important item. what about all those people who are innocent, yet if they roll the dice and go to trial they get a guilty verdict with max sentence. sometimes you have to take a lesser crime to avoid losing it all, even when you are innocent.

i think you should voice your opinion, but when you speak with such conviction and use terms like facts, obvious, etc., you should stop and ask yourself is that correct

It's pretty obvious what happened, though we'll never be 100% sure.

It's also pretty obvious that what obviously happened isn't OK - no matter how flirty the waitress was or how low cut her top was.

The only thing left to argue about is appropriate punishment. Ben got 4 weeks, this is definitely milder than that, probably deserves 2.

There are plenty of reasons to plead "no contest" when you are innocent.

1.) It preserves your plea of innocence. You never are recorded as pleading guilty.

2.) What you are doing is simply acknowledging to the court that there is sufficient evidence presented which MAY cause a jury to rule against you.

Considering the report that his accuser had offered $50k to a potential witness to testify on her behalf, that would be something to consider that, perhaps, she had bought someone else who would testify against you.

pujo, no offense dude, but you're embarrassing yourself. it is apparent you know absolutely nothing about the legal system except for a few generalities you have probably heard your friends talk about from time to time.

for example, above, your missing 1 other, yet equally important item. what about all those people who are innocent, yet if they roll the dice and go to trial they get a guilty verdict with max sentence. sometimes you have to take a lesser crime to avoid losing it all, even when you are innocent.

i think you should voice your opinion, but when you speak with such conviction and use terms like facts, obvious, etc., you should stop and ask yourself is that correct
It is correct, which is why I have conviction saying it. I also have conviction when I say that "he did it", and "he should face some kind of punishment from the NFL." Him being a Patriot doesn't change my mind about that.

Are you saying he's factually innocent?

"No contest", which has the same effect on the criminal case (but is not an admission of guilt that can be used in a later civil trial).

same legal effect does not mean same thing

I'm sure everyone bending over backwards to preserve whatever shadow of doubt they can about what Albert did, would be doing the same thing if he were a Jet.

same legal effect does not mean same thing
Too bad he did it, which is all that matters.

It is correct, which is why I have conviction saying it. I also have conviction when I say that "he did it", and "he should face some kind of punishment from the NFL." Him being a Patriot doesn't change my mind about that.

well, then im glad you arent goodell. however, im sure goodell actually has more facts than you do and understands the concepts of facts

Are you saying he's factually innocent?.

im saying i have no idea. and legally speaking questions of fact were never determined

to be honest, if i had to bet, i would say he did it. however, my opinion is different than fact. two totally different concepts

Too bad he did it, which is all that matters.

That's what she said.

Umm, he pled guilty to simple assault, which tells me that "an incident" did happen. Now, since said incident involved grabbing a woman's breasts, we can conclude that it was sexual in nature, the legal case notwithstanding because we all understand how plea bargains work. Now, since the league is free to make their own conclusion just like I did, they are going to come to the obvious conclusion that he did sexually assault her.

That's not how the law works, and that's not how plea bargains work.

That may, however, be how Goodell chooses to read it, because he's not bound by the law.

well, then im glad you arent goodell. however, im sure goodell actually has more facts than you do and understands the concepts of facts

im saying i have no idea. and legally speaking questions of fact were never determined

to be honest, if i had to bet, i would say he did it. however, my opinion is different than fact. two totally different concepts
The league doesn't need to make a finding beyond a reasonable doubt to punish him. Given what I know of the situation, I'd throw the book at him (within reason, of course, he didn't murder anyone).

What do you guys make of the ESPN Bottom Line reporting that Goodell won't issue a punishment on Haynesworth?

Not gonna play that game.

When was the last time you were in a diner where alcohol is available, or bar or lounge? These girls play the game with their flirting and their outfits in the hope of getting a bigger tip. I've played in bars for years and it's the same thing everywhere. The waitresses lean over extra far and give those coy smiles because they know the guys love it and the more the guys drink the more they will tip.

Went out Saturday night... thanks for asking. :)

I've been in that situation (literally) 100's of times. Never once have I ever mistaken a cute waitress/bar tender flirts for bigger tips, as an invitation to stick my credit card into her clevage, cup her titty, or pinch her ass. It's common sense... unless the girl invites you to do so, you keep your hands off of her.

Was she looking for a payday? Probably.

But he gave her the ammo she needed to seek that payday. The guy acted like an idiot. Wasnt the first time, and it wont be the last.

Last edited:

What do you guys make of the ESPN Bottom Line reporting that Goodell won't issue a punishment on Haynesworth?
Goodell's getting soft.

The league doesn't need to make a finding beyond a reasonable doubt to punish him. Given what I know of the situation, I'd throw the book at him (within reason, of course, he didn't murder anyone).

see now we are talking. your opinion is appreciated and i respect your opinion

I sure hope you are not, and never are, in a position of authority on anything.

If this is true, I want to know why it isn't all over Twitter and everything. That'd be huge news.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe