PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have the PATS played anyone yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be interesting to see what you had to say a few years ago when the Pats were crushing all their weak opponents, starting with their own weak Division. Or last year, about your monumentally weak schedule. I agree, our schedule has been soft so far. I do think team like Jags, Phins, amd Cardinals are quality wins...oh, BTW, tell me the last time you guys went TO Miami in September?

Bottom line is, our SOS doesn't matter, 6 straight years of 12 wins...they have proven their mettle...now...if they can just do it again in the postseason :)

Actually, most experts and analysts considered our 2007 schedule to be hard. I didn't think it was that hard. Didn't think it was weak either though. If I had to compare the two, I would say that the Pats 2007 schedule was harder than the Colts' schedule is now. Comparing our schedule last year to your guys' schedule this year would be a wash. You can flip a coin and either team would win the "easiest" schedule debate.

For the last time we played the Dolphins in September, we played them in early October in 2006 and mid-October in 2007. FYI, I live in South Florida and the weather isn't that different from September to October. Today it was burning hot outside (upper 80's to lower 90's). And the Dolphins don't play up here in late December very often either. Not since Shula *****ed and complained anyway.

Denver? Blow them out? I don't know...but again, Bengals (lucky win), Browns, Raiders and Boys aren't necessarily what I would base my argument on.

Sure. Blow them out. If they are so overrated and Indy is so... well, NOT, then the Colts should have no problem winning by a score of, say, at least 34-13, right?

Last edited:
Actually, most experts and analysts considered our 2007 schedule to be hard. I didn't think it was that hard. Didn't think it was weak either though. If I had to compare the two, I would say that the Pats 2007 schedule was harder than the Colts' schedule is now. Comparing our schedule last year to your guys' schedule this year would be a wash. You can flip a coin and either team would win the "easiest" schedule debate.

For the last time we played the Dolphins in September, we played them in early October in 2006 and mid-October in 2007. FYI, I live in South Florida and the weather isn't that different from September to October. Today it was burning hot outside (upper 80's to lower 90's). And the Dolphins don't play up here in late December very often either. Not since Shula *****ed and complained anyway.

Actually, that is incorrect sir. Sagarin is not the end all be all, but I would accept his opinion for sure. '07? 19th hardest:

USATODAY.com

Last year? You were 29th. I will bet you any dollar amount you like we finish ahead of 29th (my guess will be somewhere in the high teens low 20's)

USATODAY.com

Check the temp in those games, will ya? Did you win or lose?

Just because I say a team is over rated doesn't mean I think we'll wipe our azz with them. Not backtracking...but 34-13 is a little skewed, don't cha think? My guess is we'll be 6 point favorites, and we win by 2 td's.

Sure. Blow them out. If they are so overrated and Indy is so... well, NOT, then the Colts should have no problem winning by a score of, say, at least 34-13, right?
Good call. Baltimore did it..so maybe the Colts can. Don't get me wrong, I think they are a decent team....but I don't think we will be ultimately be fighting them for HFA.

Last edited:
Denver is 0-3 since I said they were overrated. One team that is not is yours. NE pretty much blew that game tonight. Too many chances to put it away, course, we didn't take much advantage, until the 4th down call late. I heard the player bobbled the ball, and when he caught it, he wasn't past the line. Too bad you also didn't have any TO's left to challenge.

Top to bottom, your 53 is no doubt better than ours. You might have payback come January.

Colts' SOS is now up to 12th, Pats at 10th, but will improve after the Monday Nighter versus the Saints...where is KONTRADICTION??? Give me my beat down!!!!

Actually, that is incorrect sir. Sagarin is not the end all be all, but I would accept his opinion for sure. '07? 19th hardest:

USATODAY.com

Last year? You were 29th. I will bet you any dollar amount you like we finish ahead of 29th (my guess will be somewhere in the high teens low 20's)

USATODAY.com

Check the temp in those games, will ya? Did you win or lose?

Just because I say a team is over rated doesn't mean I think we'll wipe our azz with them. Not backtracking...but 34-13 is a little skewed, don't cha think? My guess is we'll be 6 point favorites, and we win by 2 td's.

In 2007, the Patriots played 6 playoff teams.

Among them, the Chargers, Steelers, Colts, Giants and Cowboys.

You really need to get a clue.

This was the hardest schedule in many many years.

Yes, they had gimme games against a poor division (made all the poorer by the fact they had to play the biggest juggernaut in NFL history) but they played 6 playoff teams out of division in addition to solid teams like the Eagles and Ravens.

Last edited:
In 2007, the Patriots played 6 playoff teams.

Among them, the Chargers, Steelers, Colts, Giants and Cowboys.

You really need to get a clue.

This was the hardest schedule in many many years.

Yes, they had gimme games against a poor division (made all the poorer by the fact they had to play the biggest juggernaut in NFL history) but they played 6 playoff teams out of division in addition to solid teams like the Eagles and Ravens.
19th is 19th. So..no way this was the hardest schedule in many many years.

19th is 19th. So..no way this was the hardest schedule in many many years.

Sagarin? No. Sagarin is a joke.

Once again, the Patriots played 6 different playoff teams. I challenge you to find a single instance in NFL history of a team beating 6 playoff teams.

It has not happened. The Patriots were the first in 2007.

Sagarin? No. Sagarin is a joke.

Once again, the Patriots played 6 different playoff teams. I challenge you to find a single instance in NFL history of a team beating 6 playoff teams.

It has not happened. The Patriots were the first in 2007.
Beating? Who cares. It's 19th. Colts played 7 playoff teams in '07...didn't win them all, but they played them. Sagarin is not the end all be all, but listen, 12 teams make the playoffs. They ain't all equal. 19th. End of story.

Beating? Who cares. It's 19th. Colts played 7 playoff teams in '07...didn't win them all, but they played them. Sagarin is not the end all be all, but listen, 12 teams make the playoffs. They ain't all equal. 19th. End of story.

Sagarin is a joke. repeat. That #19 improves drastically if only the Patriots lost their division games. That's how idiotic Sagarin is.

The best teams go to the playoffs. Case closed.

In 2007, New England beat 8 different playoff teams. Doubt you'll see that again.

Sagarin is a joke. repeat. That #19 improves drastically if only the Patriots lost their division games. That's how idiotic Sagarin is.

In 2007, New England beat 6 different playoff teams. Doubt you'll see that again.

With a win against the Broncos, the Colts would notch their 3rd win over a playoff team this year. 3 wins MAX.

In 2007, New England beat 6 different playoff teams. Doubt you'll see that again.

With a win against the Broncos, the Colts would notch their 3rd win over a playoff team this year. 3 wins MAX.
The main reason we didn't do it in '05 was we had the seed wrapped up, played Seattle late in year, Manning took a snap and was done. This season? Probably won't see too many Playoff squads, 1 from the AFC East, and Donks, Balt, or another South team will have to make it...we'll see. Regardless, 19th.

The Pats opened their schedule against five straight undefeated teams (four if you don't count Buffalo). What the hell have the Colts gone up against so far? The Cardinals? BWAHAHAHA! We blew the Cardinals out last year (the year they went to the Super Bowl) with MATT CASSEL as our QB. What's so special about the Colts beating the Cardinals?

Guarantee you that, if the Colts opened up against our first five opponents, they would have at least one loss right now.
Nice call. WE beat the best 2 out of that first 5 Mr. "guarantee".

First of all, your own fellow Colts fan has been kind enough to remind us that last year doesn't matter. So what is the point of bringing up the 2008 Colts beating Pitt and a very overrated San Diego team within two weeks of each other? If you get to talk about that, do I get to talk about how the Pats had the Colts dead to rights, WITH A BACK-UP QB THAT HADN'T PLAYED SINCE HIGH SCHOOL, until a brainfart penalty by a guy who is no longer on the team? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Second, it makes me :rofl: that you consider the Broncos overrated. Their defense speaks for itself. Just wait until they roll into Indy (oh yeah, that's right, Indy is playing the majority of their tough teams, however few that may be, at home this season) and show you that defense. I thought they were overrated too until the Pats played them. On top of that defense, you have a Josh McDaniels Patriot-esque attack that you guys have traditionally had trouble stopping. Regardless of whether or not you guys win that game (which I don't think you will), please feel free to come back and tell us all how overrated they were. If they are so overrated, then you guys shouldn't have any trouble blowing them out right?

They have definitely improved at WR. Garcon is good and so is the other rookie that they have. However, I wouldn't get too excited about your defense. The highest ranked offense that you guys have faced is ranked 11th, and that is the Jacksonville Jaguars. The second highest after that is the Dolphins and Cardinals, sitting at 15th and 18th respectively. The Dolphins are there because of their run offense which, once again, shredded your defense as bad as anything I've ever seen. The Cardinals are there because of what they have done lately compared with who they have faced as well. Compare that to the Pats who have faced offenses ranked #5 (Ravens), #9 (Broncos), and #16 (Jets). Not to mention that, within the next month or so, we will be facing the #4 ranked offense (Indy) and then the #1 ranked offense (New Orleans) within two weeks of each other. And please take notes, Cartwright, that is THIS year.
Up HUGE on you boys and their "patriesque" ways. Couple cheap INT's, and a few heads up some azzes...but they pulled out another one. Wasn't EXACTLY 31-10, but it was closer than YOU thought it would, as you didn't think we'd beat them in the first place. That's it for me though...as we are still just regular season champs...

Has a team ever had 11 of their first 14 contests against .500 teams or better?? 6-0 versus our division, yet all three are STILL at 7-7. WOW.

First of all, your own fellow Colts fan has been kind enough to remind us that last year doesn't matter. So what is the point of bringing up the 2008 Colts beating Pitt and a very overrated San Diego team within two weeks of each other? If you get to talk about that, do I get to talk about how the Pats had the Colts dead to rights, WITH A BACK-UP QB THAT HADN'T PLAYED SINCE HIGH SCHOOL, until a brainfart penalty by a guy who is no longer on the team? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Second, it makes me :rofl: that you consider the Broncos overrated. Their defense speaks for itself. Just wait until they roll into Indy (oh yeah, that's right, Indy is playing the majority of their tough teams, however few that may be, at home this season) and show you that defense. I thought they were overrated too until the Pats played them. On top of that defense, you have a Josh McDaniels Patriot-esque attack that you guys have traditionally had trouble stopping. Regardless of whether or not you guys win that game (which I don't think you will), please feel free to come back and tell us all how overrated they were. If they are so overrated, then you guys shouldn't have any trouble blowing them out right?

They have definitely improved at WR. Garcon is good and so is the other rookie that they have. However, I wouldn't get too excited about your defense. The highest ranked offense that you guys have faced is ranked 11th, and that is the Jacksonville Jaguars. The second highest after that is the Dolphins and Cardinals, sitting at 15th and 18th respectively. The Dolphins are there because of their run offense which, once again, shredded your defense as bad as anything I've ever seen. The Cardinals are there because of what they have done lately compared with who they have faced as well. Compare that to the Pats who have faced offenses ranked #5 (Ravens), #9 (Broncos), and #16 (Jets). Not to mention that, within the next month or so, we will be facing the #4 ranked offense (Indy) and then the #1 ranked offense (New Orleans) within two weeks of each other. And please take notes, Cartwright, that is THIS year.

Makes me laugh that you didn't see what I did. OVER RATED and OUT of the playoffs. 2-8 since their OVERRATED start. C'mon..just admit it.

Makes me laugh that you didn't see what I did. OVER RATED and OUT of the playoffs. 2-8 since their OVERRATED start. C'mon..just admit it.
I feel like an uninvited guest to this conversation, but regardless .... what are you talking about?

I feel like an uninvited guest to this conversation, but regardless .... what are you talking about?
The Denver Broncos. I called them overrated when they were 6-0. Kontra didn't take too kindly to it...all you have to do is read some of his posts in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back