PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has one city ever owned all 3 rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1954, the Cleveland Indians won the American League Pennant, the Cleveland Browns won the NFL championship and the Cleveland Barons, a minor league hockey team, won its league.

However, the Indians did NOT win the world series, despite the fact that they won 111 games--that's not a typo--in the regular season. They were swept in four games by the NY Giants, with the help of Willie Mays.

I was a high school kid at the time, living in a small town 25 miles from Cleveland, but somehow I managed to get tickets to the fifth game of the World Series. They were in high demand since the Indians hadn't gotten to the series since 1948.

But Bob Feller, Bob Lemon, Mike Garcia and Early Wynn--all of them 20-game winners in the regular season--failed to prevail in a single game in the World Series.

It was then that I ceased to be an Indians fan.
I saw that series on TV, including the Mays catch. So, are you a SF Giants fan now? Red Sox?

Kind of on topic with this thread, I heard Ronnie Lott on a SF radio station call in today and say about four times 'what must it be like to wake up today, or these days, as a sports fan in Boston?'. Red Sox just won the world series, Patriots are 9 - 0, Celtics are looking good again...Of course, he lives out here and is bummed about the 2 - 6 49ers, and the same with the Raiders, and now the 0 - 5 Warriors. What is it like around Boston now? Are the drivers more calm? :D

yup, a city did it back in 2008...

i forget the name of the city though...i think it was called...umm...shoot...

i remember now...Boston

For a lot of years, I stopped paying attention to baseball, a game which really doesn't compare to football, but I am becoming fond of the Red Sox :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots