PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harry, Agholor change their jersery numbers

Arrghhh Dey can’t have no fun!
I understand why he feels that way. I do too.
I remember when our last player to wear #1 was coming into the league and his mindset was to become an icon when it should have been to become the best QB.
Anything other than being a good teammate is selfish, especially coming from a rookie or an underachiever like Harry. What has he done to earn that choice? Get drafted?

What has he done to earn that choice? Get drafted?

No one needs to "earn" a number change, unless they're trying to take over the number of a team legend. Christ it takes like 5 minutes for the team to implement it.

What a great game that was.

On the flea-flicker I could see that play coming from the end zone where Hogan scored. As the play developed I turned to my son and said "he has Hogan wide open." Hogan was coming toward us. It might be the only game that I was happy to have seats in the end zone.

Another great memory was all of those puke colored towels that were waving at the start and early in the game. They looked like ceiling fans that were shut off and gradually stopped spinning. :)

No one needs to "earn" a number change, unless they're trying to take over the number of a team legend. Christ it takes like 5 minutes for the team to implement it.
Normally I don't pay attention to player numbers. They are what they are. But I was looking at Harry more from how it looks. If another veteran player did it I would hardly notice.

No, Harry is great. What would the Pats do without him? BB should lock him up with a nice long-term contract today.
Like some fans wanted to do with Cam?

No, by all means. Attack the guy for taking the number he wore in college. Nothing Junior High School about that at all...
You’re taking this pretty hard, huh?

These Hogan killing the Steelers in the AFC Championship should really mess with your head then

Man i loved me some Hogan. Huge games against pitt , Houston that year as well as in sb52. Clutch player…. That 15 has been temporarily stained however lol

Like some fans wanted to do with Cam?

I'll admit it, I wanted to after the first couple games. I thought he had potential in our system and could be had for a relatively affordable contract (compared with the Mahomes and Allens, etc). Boy, am I glad that I'm not in charge of the team. :rofl:

I'm sure it cost Harry a fortune to buy up all the unsold "harry 15" jerseys:poop:

Right!?

Don't players have to buy any unsold jerseys of their old number? If so, that's a pretty terrible financial decision on his part given he's not guaranteed to even be on an NFL roster in another year or 2

No one is "attacking" anyone. People are just laughing at the fact that this is the type of crap Harry is concerning himself with. He has been a terrible player who has produced almost nothing and in year three after defending a trade 2 months ago he now wants to be "1". It isn't that big of a deal on the surface but it is just seemingly always something goofy with this guy.

Yea you nailed it, it isn't a big deal at all on surface, but its just a matter of optics for a player that has been the black sheep here for years due to his piss poor production

Harry triggers me every time I seem him run 70 yards to gain 3, drop a pass, or come up limp after dropping a pass.

I got triggered recently after seeing a few receivers taken after NKeal appear on the NFL Top 100 list this year

I got triggered recently after seeing a few receivers taken after NKeal appear on the NFL Top 100 list this year
I honestly get annoyed every time I see Metcalf and AJ Brown make a big play. I think there was one week last year I was watching Red Zone and both Brown and Metcalf had 50+ yard TD's within minutes of each other. Meanwhile Harry catches drag routes and then gets immediately pulled down by a DB 25 lbs smaller than him.

Harry to #1....okay...fine by me. Hope it helps.

The bigger news is Agholor to #15, IMO. I think that'll solve the dropsies....

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back