PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison's 2006 Impact Overstated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it's Rodney coming back and being healthy or whoever it may be, I'd really like to see the Pats get a real impact player in the D backfield. I top SS or a real cover m2m CB. Watching some of the other playoff teams, I think it helps to have at least 1 guy back there who isn't just a good player that blends in with the other 3, but at least 1 guy who's exceptional.

I think you guys are underestimating the impact of Teddy's return. Admittedly it took him a few games to get into playing shape and get the feel back, but I think the mental/emotional impact he had on the team was a big factor in the turnaround. What were they 4-4 at the time? Granted, that was the iron in their schedule, and it got easier, but after winning 3 of the last 4 sometimes you need a spark to bring out your best. I think Teddy's return brought back that fire, if this guy was willing to lay it on the line for his teammates, given what he has been through, then guys were going to find a way to get it done. How can you not play your best when a guy comes back from a stroke to play with you? I firmly believe he is a leader on the defense, and the more you have the better. What leaders do is bring out your best, and that defense got nothing but better after his return.

I'd put Tedi and Rodney on the same level of importance when the Pats lost them last season. The difference is that Tedi didn't start and come in halfway through, Rodney kinda did the opposite. Tedi obviously made a huge impact once he got back into the swing of things and playing like his old self, that's evident.

But don't forget, after we lost Harrison was when we sorta started to free fall and the doom part of the 2005 season began. I don't really find that a coincidence. I heard analysts say that his loss alone was gonna be enough to bury us, let alone all the other guys (Light, Dillon, Faulk, Gay, etc etc etc), and it almost was.

CheerforTom said:
But don't forget, after we lost Harrison was when we sorta started to free fall and the doom part of the 2005 season began. I don't really find that a coincidence. I heard analysts say that his loss alone was gonna be enough to bury us, let alone all the other guys (Light, Dillon, Faulk, Gay, etc etc etc), and it almost was.
And that free fall doom and gloom part of the season seemed to turn the tide as Hawkins stepped up into a position he had never played before. I'm just sayin' ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back