PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard pass on Flacco

Not so fast… Maybe Thornton could use his speed to get more pass interference calls waiting for Joe’s passes to come down from “above”!!

We are in a full rebuild mode,
We won’t be on track to contend for at least 2-3 seasons.
Unles we get 5 starters out of this draft on offense.
You should be more compete. I believe you mean contend "for the SB or AFC championship" for 2-3 seasons.

Drafting one of the top 3 QBs at #3. Don't overthink it.
Not many people are overthinking that part. Most of us want that. The discussion is more about getting a cheap veteran in the QB room alongside the rookie. That's where Flacco comes in. The rookie can either beat him in camp or sit until mid/late season.

Cousin,
Who is going to block and catch for that savior?
DW Toys
the receivers we acquire over the next couple of years. Our new QB will be here for at least 3-5 years.

Cousin,
Ah breakfast. Two pieces of fresh buttered heated banana raisin bread and a cup of hot Team with some grape cranberry juice and I am off to do battle.

Respect your love for Brissett. I Think Flacco would bring us more wins..........But the better choice would be 27 year old Minshew giving him an opportunity to be the Pats QB starter for a season. The approaching 32 year old Brissett has two years on Minshew and they have the same passing yards. Minshew has had 59 TDs and 24 INT with a QB rating of 90.2 versus Brissett at 51 TDs and 23 INT and a QB rating of 85.3. Yards rushing are 621 for Minshew and 915 in two more years for Brissett. Teams wins for both were not outstanding as Minshew has 22-27 versus Brissett at 37-48 and 18-30 as ma starter to Minshew's 15-22 as a starter.
Minshew is much more mobile and with our OL he will be running for his life because we did not address the OL in the top part of the Draft and appear to be Drafting a QB to sit.......Yikes! Brissett and Flacco are sitting ducks with our OL.

OK The scenario . 4th quarter down by 4 with 2 minutes left in the game and 0 time outs. Who do you want to finish the game for the win. Brissett, Falcco or Minshew? The true answer might be NADA but "bridge"it as you will.

The true answer is pick up the Damned phone, The Broncos are in a pickle.They have CAP issues and made an insane contract with Russell and need to bail that boat. They have two quality players on the last year of their contract we can poach as well to fill our needs. One Juedy has potential to be your #1 WR and 31 year old Boles is still playing at a high level at LT. We have a year to figure out those two. As far as Wilson, His stats last year were respectable. He is not Payton's cup of tea. He still had twice as many wins for them with a Team on paper that was about the same in talent. The Broncos have to pay his salary one way or the other so they can pay him here and as a bonus reduce their CAP.. Jones would look good in a Bronco uniform.A number one pick in 2025 works with their #12 this year.
Yes Art, give me Wilson for two years, Boles, and Juedy your #12 this year and #1 in 2025 foe our #3 and Jones please.

Would you be happy with an 8-9 win season and competitive at least versus another top five draft pick in 2025?
DW Toys
Wilson, and his contract, Bolles, Jeudy and their 1st for our 2nd and 4th seems fair!

I would prefere Wilson or Tannehill
Probably Minshew

Hard pass on Wilson.
I don't want Wilson, but if you could trade up from 2nd to 1st to get Broncos out of that contract, then take QB at 3 and OT with Broncos pick and look forward to 2025

What Joey said. If the plan is to draft and develop your franchise guy, Flacco is as good a choice as anyone to hold the fort.

Flacco signed a $2.5m 1 year contract with the Browns for 2023. I’d be very happy if he signed with the Pats for the same numbers. He’s not looking for anything more at 39 yrs old. I like the AVP angle.

Last edited:
I don't like Flacco at all. Our mission for 2024 should be one thing - build a functional offensive system and hand over the keys come week 17. Five games is a Tommy DeVito sized sample size. I don't think Flacco is good enough over the course of a year to allow a functional system to coalesce.

This offense is being built on the fly. The plan is to being in the best talent we can, and build a system to suit it. Brisset is the perfect guy. He is good enough to put up the yards and points to keep a team competitive and to make the young pass catchers and OL feel confident, and his game is versatile enough that could run system built for any of the top prospects.

One thing I'm not sure about as far as Brissett compared to Flacco. I think Flacco'd be more amenable to being another coach in the QB room. I'm not sure if Brissett is there yet.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back