PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harbaugh wants a Brady Statue at Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget about Michigan, how do you want Pats statue of Brady to look like? I was thinking about something like Tom and Bill next to each other smiling after one of our SB wins.

Michigan fans hated Brady at the time, so no. They can go screw themselves. Brady will always be remembered as a Patriot. No one will remember him as a Wolverine.
I don't think you can say he was hated. It would be true to say he was underappreciated, and some of my impression comes from a diehard UM/Detroit Lions fan who is a good friend of mine.

There is one game clip where a college football announcer (I think it was Brent Musberger) called Brady the most underrated QB in the college game. The fans for sure did clamor to see what they had in Drew Henson since Drew had been the #1-rated recruit in the entire nation. What they saw fairly quickly was that they had a guy completing at best 50% of his passes (though his tight spirals looked pretty!) while Brady much more often moved the team down the field.

Brady goes back to UM a lot these days, and IIRC went there to train during the deflategate suspension and gave the team some rah-rah talks.

Michigan fans hated Brady at the time, so no. They can go screw themselves. Brady will always be remembered as a Patriot. No one will remember him as a Wolverine.[/QUOTE

Funny you should say this. I know 4 wolverines fans and they all love Brady . Every Patriots SB from 2001 they have rooted for him and 2 of them are Lions fan , one is a Cowboy fan and one is a Packer fan . One lions fan wanted Detroit to draft him

I am not sure Brady's exploits at Michigan are statue-worthy. Don't get me wrong, he had some great performances but it's not like we're talking about Heismans or National Championships.

Now, of course, the day is coming when statues to the man will rightfully be built here in New England.....
did they retire his no.

I would like to see this with Jonathan next to him, glaring.

Tell you what, JK doesn't have a short memory. He's gonna remember. I don;t see him so quick to keep the peace with the league.
I think when JK takes over the reins old clown nose will be out by then.
At that point JK will also be sure to not allow another of his ilk to take power.

Forget about Michigan, how do you want Pats statue of Brady to look like? I was thinking about something like Tom and Bill next to each other smiling after one of our SB wins.
glaring out on the field, ultra focused, in 2009.

Michigan fans hated Brady at the time, so no. They can go screw themselves. Brady will always be remembered as a Patriot. No one will remember him as a Wolverine.

I have a Michigan Facebook friend who posts the these mocked up "GOAT" memes with current Brady wearing his blue and gold 10, as if the legend was built then in Ann Arbor in the late nineties.

I have a Michigan Facebook friend who posts the these mocked up "GOAT" memes with current Brady wearing his blue and gold 10, as if the legend was built then in Ann Arbor in the late nineties.

They are basically laying claim to his GOATNESS when they didn’t care for him when he was there

His brother might say it's an "ineligible statue" and that the formation of the statue was "illegal." See what I did there?? ;)

I have the answer. You put one everywhere just to make sure everyone gets the point. The one at Ann Arbor should be gold.

Only one place can’t have one.

Ohio

With the Goodell statue being scaled significantly smaller standing next to Brady of course.

Why not have Clown Nose kneeling before TB with head bowed, offering up a trophy?

Out of the 3 Michigan forums I checked out, only 1 had a thread about this. In other words, Michigan fans really don’t care about Brady. In this thread there was even talk about getting Charles Woodson or Brian Griese a statue...

Harbaugh Wants a Tom Brady Statue on Campus | mgoblog

Wow, that makes at least 3 life sized statues for Brady.

They are basically laying claim to his GOATNESS when they didn’t care for him when he was there
This. This this this.

The whole thing was nagging at me but I couldn't really put my finger on why. What you said above sums it up perfectly.

I'm thinking something like a LFG pose
d7bc5051a6ed5be13f4bae5093c46a21.png

Or a celebratory fist pump

gettyimages-487641286.jpg

Or the classic dropback
New+England+Patriots+v+Oakland+Raiders+d7FFO55aa1Ol.jpg

I also really like the idea of a Brady BB statue... Greatest duo in sports history

brady_belichick.0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey