PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harbaugh and the Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could hire his brother instead.
Actually, I think that John could do quite well at the college level. His style would lead to some pretty good recruiting classes.

It will interesting to see how long of a leash Harbaugh gives QB Joe Flacco if Ravens get off to a bad start as Lamar Jackson might save his job like Watson did for O'Brien.

I think the Ravens should lose a draft pick for being repeat offenders. Also, the league found out about this because a player complained.

Since the whole illegal formation complaining and using it the next year I seriously rate hypocrites from 1 to Harbaugh. Just peak Harbaugh.

And yeah just shows again the NFL treats franchises different like in Deflategate. The Vikings really deflated footballs with warming them up and just got a warning... If the Pats did that = OTA-Gate including loss of a pick.

**** Goodell

Repeat violation, lesser penalty the second time. NFL at it again.

Technically, it's the Ravens third OTA related violation since 2010 (link to the 2010 incident.) After being punished for the first occurence, Ozzie Newsome said "We made a mistake, and it won't happen again." Then they did it 2 more times, but somehow have avoided being labeled a repeat offender.

I didn't realize that the NFL reduced the fines for this most recent incident. This was from an ESPN article on the topic:

As for the fines, the CBA specifies that the head coach is subject to a fine of $100,000 for a first violation and $250,000 for a second violation, and the team is subject to a fine of $250,000 for a first violation and $500,000 for a second. But the CBA also grants the commissioner the right to adjust those fines downward under certain circumstances and after consulting with the executive director of the NFLPA.

The league has not disclosed the amount of the fines, but NFL Network reported that the Ravens will be fined $100,000 while Harbaugh will be docked $50,000.

I think the Seahawks might be wondering about this. They have violated the same rules multiple times and not only received the higher fine, but lost a draft pick for their most recent offense. Of course, if a different team was involved (let's say their name rhymes with "datriots"), the NFL would be issuing lifetime bans for a 3rd offense.

The league needs to contract. Time to disband the Ravens.

I find that surprising. One would think a fascination with birds and a general feline disregard for rules would make the Ravens a team you'd find a certain measure of interest in.

I find that surprising. One would think a fascination with birds and a general feline disregard for rules would make the Ravens a team you'd find a certain measure of interest in.
Perhaps he meant defeather rather than disband.

They taste terrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye