PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy Thanksgiving

Short answer: no. Long answer: yes, there are several things that are similar but not quite the same. Christmas is when families re-unite to eat turkey, but there's also Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes) and various Harvest Festivals.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Is it true in England that when you pull apart the wishbone, that you call it "Merrythought"? I had a trivia question about that last night and found it interesting.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Is it true in England that when you pull apart the wishbone, that you call it "Merrythought"? I had a trivia question about that last night and found it interesting.

News to me too -- but I'm not saying it's not true.

Working with some Brits overseas this year and got introduced to Guy Fawkes night a few weeks back...pretty cool.

Had a partially "host country themed" Thanksgiving this year...also...pretty cool. And honestly, maybe the first time I've been away for the holidays that I'm not necessarily thinking I have it worse off :whistle:

Working with some Brits overseas this year and got introduced to Guy Fawkes night a few weeks back...pretty cool.

Had a partially "host country themed" Thanksgiving this year...also...pretty cool. And honestly, maybe the first time I've been away for the holidays that I'm not necessarily thinking I have it worse off :whistle:
Any difference in the sides/dishes? Did they drench the turkey with vinegar?

Any difference in the sides/dishes? Did they drench the turkey with vinegar?

Definitely some different sides. Tabbouleh-type greens, rice, falafel, and kanafeh for dessert were some of the differences. Weirdly enough, the turkey was mostly the same...just had like a honey glaze on it. Not bad. Fortunately, no vinegar or garlic overload lol

Food was decent. Location is meh. Can't recommend.

Do you guys not have turkey at Christmas in the US? I was watching PFT the other day and Florio was talking about ham at Christmas and that just baffled me!

Definitely some different sides. Tabbouleh-type greens, rice, falafel, and kanafeh for dessert were some of the differences. Weirdly enough, the turkey was mostly the same...just had like a honey glaze on it. Not bad. Fortunately, no vinegar or garlic overload lol

Food was decent. Location is meh. Can't recommend.

Going to guess you're not in the U.K. :evil: (But it does sound like a pretty great menu.)

Do you guys not have turkey at Christmas in the US? I was watching PFT the other day and Florio was talking about ham at Christmas and that just baffled me!

Depends on the family. My family always had Turkey but I know many who have Ham. My italian girlfriend's family have an Italian feast. Lasagna, chicken parmesan, Mac and cheese, etc...

I'm thankful for my family, football, BB, and TB12! Happy turkey day to all.

Vince-Wilfork-Turkey.jpg
As my son and I were chomping on turkey legs yesterday we started talking about that picture of Big Vince and the dreamy look in his eyes as he did the same. I wonder how the big fella is doin' these days? I hope he dropped some of that extra poundage.

Our family has turkey and all the fixings on Thanksgiving, seven fishes and more fixings on Christmas eve and ham and all the fixings on Christmas, which is when I take it easy.

Yesterday we were marveling at how my mother would cook a delicious seven fish feast on Christmas eve for twenty people using only a tiny, old gas stove. Not to mention the desserts. Those were incredible too.

Depends on the family. My family always had Turkey but I know many who have Ham. My italian girlfriend's family have an Italian feast. Lasagna, chicken parmesan, Mac and cheese, etc...

My impression from living in the U.S. is that a lot of Statespersons go ethnic at Christmas -- eat what their forefathers ate as a Christmas dinner.

EDIT: And, of course, it's traditional that Jews eat Chinese food.

My impression from living in the U.S. is that a lot of Statespersons go ethnic at Christmas -- eat what their forefathers ate as a Christmas dinner.
My wife likes to go with a store bought "Honey of a Ham" on Christmas. I'm not a fan. It's usually too dry and salty. I'm going to try and convince her to switch to a big, fat juicy spoon roast instead. Wish me luck. :)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back