PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy Seventh Anniversary of the Dumbest Play in NFL History

I was at that game. The entire stadium was dumbfounded. I had never seen that formation before and I had no clue what happened. After the dust cleared and learned that it was counted as a sack I shrugged my shoulders and went uuuuhhhh ok . . .

Just ran across this and figured this is a little blast from the past that will liven up everyone's day. This play should be celebrated every year.

It was the most mindboggling thing I've ever seen in an nfl game. Funnier than even the buttfumble because it was intentional.

Even funnier is that the Colts OL was not lined up correctly, so at best it’d be offsetting penalties.
yeah, illegal formation... they didnt have 7 guys on the los

Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt of that.
Which still leaves the question of purpose of the formation. To draw a penalty of some kind? Require the Pats to waste a time out? Neither seems likely or worth the trouble.
I think the last thing BB wanted to do was call a timeout, he wanted to see that dumb ****ery play out.

You could read Paganos lip when they came off the field, he said why did you snap it?
"Why did we practice this all week you inept moron?"

"You know, Colts" - JE11

Lol, key point: Mcaffee said they practiced that play all week. ALL WEEK. Talk about a misallocation of prep time. My Lord.

That is insane that they spent any time on this play.

I also love in this video how he continually makes Griff Whalen smaller and smaller as the story goes along. I think started out 5'10" at the start of the story and was 5'4" by the end.

Lol, key point: Mcaffee said they practiced that play all week. ALL WEEK. Talk about a misallocation of prep time. My Lord.
and that right there is why the neckbeard Andrew Luck was 0-6 (0-4 regular; 0-2 post) vs the Patriots in his too short career...

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back