PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy 75TH!! Birthday, Bobby Orr!

Am I seeing double? Did they mix up Wayne Cashman and Wayne Carlton in this video? The segment starts with Carlton's card and then goes to pictures of Cashman, the tough old battle axe wingman.
Wayne Cashman is one of the biggest assholes that I ever came across.

One of my two favorite jokes is when Stan Jonathan, acting as emcee at Wayne Cashman’s retirement banquet, quipped: “It’s been a long time since one of my people has roasted a white man.”

The other joke comes from Winston Churchill at a urinal…

Everyone knows Ray Bourque was a sweet guy off the ice. Nice as could be to people he came into contact with. I heard a story corroborating this by restaurant workers where he had dinner.

Hard to imagine a Boston Bruins hockey player being a jerk.

Everyone knows Ray Bourque was a sweet guy off the ice. Nice as could be to people he came into contact with. I heard a story corroborating this by restaurant workers where he had dinner.

My sister's company has a luxury box, she went one night and some of the retired players do PR and visit the luxury boxes. My sister sat with Ray during the game and she mentioned her brother's a big fan of his and the Bruins, he gave me an autographed picture.

Was thinking about the man, Robert Gordon Orr
my All Time Hero
Ever since 12 went south
Now some ownership of the Raidas.
Good for him
Mr Orr was offered ownership of the Bruins.
Agent Alan Eagleson did not tell Mr Orr about that part of the deal
Eagleson's payday depended on a move.

Orr, hurt by what appeared to be a low offer, signed with Chicago
Orr was done. Cheap shots to the knees had taken their toll
Bobby knew it, refused to take the money.
Millions.

Eagleson later went to prison for other crimes
One on one?
Orr on 2 functioning knees
dusts any player that ever lived

I'll die on that hill.
Was OUR Mr Brady offered ownership interest in the Pats?

Unfortunate repeat of history.
Bring on that mean D, Mr B.
It suits my mood

Keep the faith, people.

More info please. I have a friend who lives in Boston and said the same thing of Cam Neely.
Many years ago I umpired a softball game between former Celtics and Bruins and our local police and firefighters. I was doing the plate early in the game with Cashman up and I turned around to ask the on deck batter to watch his language. He wasn't a sports star but a friend of theirs named Joe Deluca Jr and he was throwing F-bombs around like crazy.

When Cashman heard me let the guy know that there are a lot of kids around and he should watch his language he turned around in the batter's box and said to me "if he goes I go." I told him that I didn't care where he went and that was when the switch went on and Cashman went crazy. He hit a ground ball and was thrown out at first but never stopped.

Cashman kept going to second and then to third where he tried to take out the 3rd baseman. As he rounded 3rd and headed to home the catcher (a pretty strong looking cop) was waiting for him and rang Cashman's bell with a swipe to his head with the ball in his glove. That was when the rest of Cashman's teammates chased him out to the middle of the infield to get him to calm down. The game ended right then and there with all of his former teammates chasing him around and begging him to calm down.

More info please. I have a friend who lives in Boston and said the same thing of Cam Neely.
I've also heard a lot of horror stories from friends about Lyndon Byers but I wasn't there for those. Luckily, I just missed him a couple of times.

My encounter with Cashman was up close and a great indicator of just how nuts he was. The rest of the players there seemed to be afraid of the guy. I think the beer they were drinking might have contributed to that fiasco. They don't call it the devil's brew for nothing.

I never liked Chris Nilan or Kenny the Rat Linesman, even after they joined the Bruins.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back