PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy 15th Anniversary Snow Bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And finally someone associated with the whole thing brings the roughing up!
th
Hamilton tipped the ball, and barely touched Stabler, who took a dive.

I used to have Walt Coleman's replay announcement as my voicemail "After reviewing the play, the quarterback's arm was going forward. It is an incomplete pass.".........music to my ears

Part of the confusion was that while Coleman's call was correct, his explanation was stupid. Brady's arm was indisputably not going forward. So the haters can point to that and say the ref clearly screwed the Raiders and (incorrectly) believe they were screwed. Coleman himself acknowledged he explained it very badly in some past retrospective (the 10yr one ESPN did, I think). If he had instead said something like "The quarterback began a forward pass attempt and then lost possession of the ball while in the process of tucking the ball back to his body. By rule that is an incomplete pass." it would have been understood better. Haters would still hate, but they would no longer be able to point to the ref saying something clearly false when reversing the on-field call.

I was at this game at the old Foxborough Stadium before Gillette was built. What an amazing experience.

GO PATS
It was the greatest live sporting event I've ever attended and I was at 3 of the 4 winning SB games.

Watched the whole game last night...so many forgotten plays. Troy Brown fumbling on the final fourth quarter runback, Izzo recovering. Brady to Patten on his knees on 4th and 4 in overtime.

What a game, and true grit to pull it out against probably a better group of individuals. However, you could see Oakland were ageing at the same time, no young players of talent. This was the ultimate 'win now' outfit, and no surprise they fell of a cliff a couple of years later

Last edited:
Woodson clearly wacked Brady in the helmet and facemask too. 2:01:28
I think that's what Pereira meant to say. There's no penalty for whacking the QB on the arm while he's holding the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News