PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy 15th Anniversary Snow Bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDawg

Patriot of the Week
Reaction score

January 19, 2002. A date frozen in time. The start of a dynasty.

Now you can watch to your hearts content. Any Patriots fan worth their weight must include this game as one of the most exciting and improbable finishes to a game we may ever see again.....great game.

I was at this game at the old Foxborough Stadium before Gillette was built. What an amazing experience.

GO PATS
Me too!! The snow was so bad, we couldn't see that the kick made it. We knew it was good from the players' reactions!! I am proud to say that when Brady lost the ball, I turned to my husband and said, "Why isn't that an incomplete pass?! His arm was going forward!" Thank you Walt Coleman and the Tuck Rule. Another football rule that has been changed because it benefitted the Patriots.

I was at this game at the old Foxborough Stadium before Gillette was built. What an amazing experience.

GO PATS
My wife bought me some collectible cufflinks that are made from some of the seats taken from this game, since it was the last one. I'm looking for some kind of glass case or something to display them in. Neat Xmas idea last year.

I think I have watched this game at least two dozen times. Never gets old!

January 19, 2002. A date frozen in time. The start of a dynasty.

Now you can watch to your hearts content. Any Patriots fan worth their weight must include this game as one of the most exciting and improbable finishes to a game we may ever see again.....great game.

Cowards at NFL won't add 1976 AFC Divisional 12/18/76. Would educate an entire generation of Patriots fans/football fans/people, instead of stupid SB XI when Raiders didn't even belong there.

Cowards at NFL won't add 1976 AFC Divisional 12/18/76. Would educate an entire generation of Patriots fans/football fans/people, instead of stupid SB XI when Raiders didn't even belong there.

Only clip of it around is this:

Still haven't been able to track down a stream for you man. Starting to believe that the game was never really played. :cool:

Probably been posted here already, but I'm about halfway through this article:

Holy Tuck: An Oral History of the Raiders-Patriots Tuck Rule Game

Eric Allen (Raiders defensive back), to ESPN in 2012: I’m an older guy, so on breaks whenever there was some downtime I would never go to the huddle. I would basically hang out on the sideline. So here’s this young quarterback that comes over and he’s speaking with Charlie Weis, the offensive coordinator at the time, and he says, “We’re going to go three-by-one. We’re going to throw the slant backside.”

The Raiders, knowing what to expect, played it perfectly.

I hadn't heard before that the Raiders knew what play was coming. Sort of gives context to the whole "Patriots only win because they spy on plays" spiel.

Bob Ryan gives more proof of his moronicity:
Bob Ryan said:
I’ve posed this rhetorical question for a number of years now. There’s an answer. Someone has to have it. But when was this “ground can’t cause a fumble” philosophy adopted? I grew up in the ’50s, when a fumble was a fumble. It had nothing do with if your knee was down. The only question was, “Did the whistle blow?” A fumble is a fumble. In my better world, that would be the way it is.

No, you stupid f'in turd. The ground never could cause a fumble if the player went to the ground because of defensive contact. Conversely the ground always can cause a fumble when the ballcarrier goes down untouched.

And finally someone associated with the whole thing brings the roughing up!

Mike Pereira said:
Anytime I would get a fax after that from the Raiders, it would come with a still photo of Brady with two hands on the ball. All the way through 2009 or 2010. I mean, we’re in 2017, for God’s sake, and I still get, “It was a fumble.” But still photos are nothing. It’s the process of bringing the ball back into the body. If you want to use a still photo, then go ahead and call roughing the passer on Woodson for clubbing at the quarterback’s arm.

I'll be the first to admit that I was not familiar with the tuck rule. I was resigned to the fact that it was a fumble (even after seeing the replay). Obviously I was overjoyed when the announcer starter spreading the seed of doubt and started going into the specifics of the tuck rule. I used to have Walt Coleman's replay announcement as my voicemail "After reviewing the play, the quarterback's arm was going forward. It is an incomplete pass.".........music to my ears

Still haven't been able to track down a stream for you man. Starting to believe that the game was never really played. :cool:
Yup, which is what NFL wants you to believe, along with "Tom Brady never really played."

I'll be the first to admit that I was not familiar with the tuck rule. I was resigned to the fact that it was a fumble (even after seeing the replay). Obviously I was overjoyed when the announcer starter spreading the seed of doubt and started going into the specifics of the tuck rule. I used to have Walt Coleman's replay announcement as my voicemail "After reviewing the play, the quarterback's arm was going forward. It is an incomplete pass.".........music to my ears
That's hilarious. Lots of us did remember, along with BB, Testaverde having same call earlier that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back