PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Moss was so great. Wish he got a ring here.

He was inches away from taking it to the house in SB 42. I can still see the ball grasping his hands on the 3rd down play. Ugh.

My son used to be friends with Ty Law's son. Ty came to his birthday party a few years ago and I nervously chatted with him for a couple hours. He was super cool.

I sat next to Ty's wife and son on a painful flight back home from the 2011 SB. She's a great person. Incredibly down to earth.

Regardless of all that, I hope and expect for Ty to get in next year. He deserves it... such a great, clutch player.

One of my proudest achievements was making Ty laugh when I told him that he was Peyton Manning's favorite receiver.

That should get me into the Patsfans HOF IMO.

Last edited:
Congrats to Randy Moss! Love that dude, obviously deserved.

TO also well deserved. It was unbelievable that some hacks were trying to keep him out or delay his induction.

My son used to be friends with Ty Law's son. Ty came to his birthday party a few years ago and I nervously chatted with him for a couple hours. He was super cool.

I sat next to Ty's wife and son on a painful flight back home from the 2011 SB. She's a great person. Incredibly down to earth.

Regardless of all that, I hope and expect for Ty to get in next year. He deserves it... such a great, clutch player.

One of my proudest achievements with making Ty laugh when I told him that he was Peyton Manning's favorite receiver.

That should get me into the Patsfans HOF IMO.
You are first ballot.

Anyway Lewis shows up with bloody white suit for his hall of fame speech?

How in the world does Brian Urlacher make it as a 1st ballot hall of fame and Ty Law is shut out?

I have no idea. How does dawkins make it in over rodney harrison? The bias against this franchise is atrocious.

I never got to see Ty Law play, I don't think. He definitely deserves to be in? Not doubting you guys, but curious what makes him worthy? He seems beloved here!

From about 1999-2004 he was the league’s best all around cb once deion sanders left the league.

He was a gamer deluxe, a shut down cb, a great tackler and his interception in sb 36, essentially triggered the start of the dynasty. He played in 3 sbs and has 3 rings.

He and rodney harrison are clearly being blackballed due to this bizarre jealousy of the pats team successes, which has never happene in nfl history before, until now.

I'm not going to haggle about the order, or level of deserving, but

Seymour
Wilfork
Law
Harrison
Vinatieri

all belong in the HOF (when eligible), and Seau's already there.

Seymour is not in. The last 3-4 years of his career post knee imjury, he fell off.

Bruschi should be strongly considered. How is nick bunocoti in the hof snd bruschi, with the superior resume, not in?

The moving of the goalposts by what the parameters are in the different eras, is annoying.

At least it sounds like he was pretty close to getting in. They really considered him.

The voters will one day have to explain how a team on a 17 year run ended up with just one Hall of Famer.

The 49ers had Dean, Lott, Montana, Rice, Young.

By the way, Stanley Morgan deserves to be in the Hall of Fame as well.

I'm not going to haggle about the order, or level of deserving, but

Seymour
Wilfork
Law
Harrison
Vinatieri

all belong in the HOF (when eligible), and Seau's already there.

Wilfork is #1 on that list imo. Not even Brady can make the claim that he played a decade without having a bad game, and until his Achilles injury I never once watched a Patriots game where I said “Wilfork had a bad game today.” He dominated against double teams throughout his career and he won rings 10 years apart, something only Bradyvand Lewis accomplished, and both are first ballot HOF players, and Brady should be unanimous.

I do wonder about Vince. I think he’ll have a hard time getting in, but you never know. He had a big reputation and was highly respected as THE premier nose tackle of the league for many years.

The shame is that I think he would’ve been a shoe in had he not gotten hurt in 2013.

The voters will one day have to explain how a team on a 17 year run ended up with just one Hall of Famer.

The 49ers had Dean, Lott, Montana, Rice, Young.

By the way, Stanley Morgan deserves to be in the Hall of Fame as well.
Gronk will get in. Agree on Morgan.

Glad Moss got in. Was a freak of nature. Wish he could of been here longer really. TO is well deserved as well. Ray Lewis is as well even though he killed a guy

How did Marvin get in before Ty? Marvin was nowhere to be found in the playoffs, Ty owned him so badly that they literally changed the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents