PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haley Fired, Where Was ESPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the intent of the comparison. In this case, it's apt. Brady has had blowups with his coordinators, yet greatness has still been there. Ben had blowups with Haley, yet greatness was there. For purposes of the comparison, the difference is one of degree, not kind, and the media's been covering the Haley/Roethlisberger relationship since day one, so there was no need for some sort of "Shocking expose!", whereas an alleged megarift beftween Brady and BB would be new and newsworthy.

In short, we really need the game to start, because a whole lot of posters here have been clowning themselves this week, and the people who are trying to make this non-issue an issue are just some of them.

Out of curiosity, how do you know there was no shocking expose? I think the point that was trying to be made is that there wasn’t a shocking expose to be made on the Pats either, but ESPN sure as hell went out of its way to make one. If someone decided to do some sort of investigative piece on Pittsburgh, I’m pretty sure they could’ve found a whole lot more to report, at least as far as gossip is concerned.

Depends on the intent of the comparison. In this case, it's apt. Brady has had blowups with his coordinators, yet greatness has still been there. Ben had blowups with Haley, yet greatness was there. For purposes of the comparison, the difference is one of degree, not kind, and the media's been covering the Haley/Roethlisberger relationship since day one, so there was no need for some sort of "Shocking expose!", whereas an alleged megarift beftween Brady and BB would be new and newsworthy.

In short, we really need the game to start, because a whole lot of posters here have been clowning themselves this week, and the people who are trying to make this non-issue an issue are just some of them.
I think the specific examples of Brady yelling at O'Brien and McD are not examples of dysfunction just an emotional moment and find the only reasons to compare them to Ben/Haley are disingenuous.

Out of curiosity, how do you know there was no shocking expose? I think the point that was trying to be made is that there wasn’t a shocking expose to be made on the Pats either, but ESPN sure as hell went out of its way to make one. If someone decided to do some sort of investigative piece on Pittsburgh, I’m pretty sure they could’ve found a whole lot more to report, at least as far as gossip is concerned.
Especially with a rapist in one corner and a whack job with nany off the field issues and a history of not getting along with others in the other.

If you feel the issue of espn with their history of horrible reporting toward the patriots creating another story about the patriots when one was sitting there ready be written about their main competitor is clowning there are plenty of other threads tiu might prefer to participate in.

Out of curiosity, how do you know there was no shocking expose?

Because the problem with Haley and Roethlisberger was already known. You don't expose what's already exposed.

If you feel the issue of espn with their history of horrible reporting toward the patriots creating another story about the patriots when one was sitting there ready be written about their main competitor is clowning there are plenty of other threads tiu might prefer to participate in.

No, Pointing out the stupidity of your OP is something I think is worth the time.

So it seems while ESPN was hacking at the weeds trying to create a controversy in New England there was a real story right under their noses.
After reports that the relationship between Big Ben and little Todd was so bad that they spoke to each other IN GAME through an intermediary (the QB coach) Haley is now out.
Investigative reporting might have highlighted this story while it was evolving and reported on it up to the day it potentially had some impact on a major upset.
Instead they decided to see what happened in New England that they can sensationalize and create a controversy from. Solid work
Good points Andy. TP!

No, Pointing out the stupidity of your OP is something I think is worth the time.
Well youbare free to spend your time being wrong as much as you want. God bless America. Have a nice day. Go pats!!

So it seems while ESPN was hacking at the weeds trying to create a controversy in New England there was a real story right under their noses.
After reports that the relationship between Big Ben and little Todd was so bad that they spoke to each other IN GAME through an intermediary (the QB coach) Haley is now out.
Investigative reporting might have highlighted this story while it was evolving and reported on it up to the day it potentially had some impact on a major upset.
Instead they decided to see what happened in New England that they can sensationalize and create a controversy from. Solid work

PottymouthGate has 7 more news cycles to go on CNN and MSNBC......check back next week

Well youbare free to spend your time being wrong as much as you want. God bless America. Have a nice day. Go pats!!

I'm not the one who tried to compare apples to helicopters in order to whine about ESPN over a non-issue, and clowned himself in the process. That's what you did in the OP.

cause that article about Ben/Haley would be read by a handful of football fans and forgotten in a day..

the article about the Evil Empire would be read by most football fans/enemies of pats/worldwide sports fans/people that just want to see success fail and create hours of programming....

I'm not the one who tried to compare apples to helicopters in order to whine about ESPN over a non-issue, and clowned himself in the process. That's what you did in the OP.
No I compared a made up article about strife to a situation where real strife existed to the point it probably affected the team (the QBs threw the oc under the bus about the fake spike play and the uncalled qb sneak) and resulted in a parting of the ways.

Writing an article about the end being near for people who all deny it completely while ignoring a situation that is literally blowing up is as perfect an apples to apple as you will find.

Your need to defend ESPN is truly odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
cause that article about Ben/Haley would be read by a handful of football fans and forgotten in a day..

the article about the Evil Empire would be read by most football fans/enemies of pats/worldwide sports fans/people that just want to see success fail and create hours of programming....
sadly you are probably right

Last edited by a moderator:
Haley wasn't fired, and the prickly relationship between Haley and Roethlisberger has been public knowledge since day one.

He was asked to pack up his **** and go.

No new contract. He had a job one day and no job the next. When your key wont open the front door to get in anymore youve been fired.

The NFL is the Patriots and 31 also-rans. Embrace it.

It doesn't surprise me that the Steelers (really Mike Tomlin) get away with a ton with not a lot of backlash. I still find it galling that ESPN was more interested in pushing that article throughout the company, but they were seemingly less interested in looking from within about their sexual assault allegations from within until they were forced to.

Haley was a scapegoat for Tomlin's incompetence.

Big Ben improved A LOT under Haley, a lot more that their defense improved under Tomlin. Haley fired after their O dropped 42 points on a top 2 D. Tomlin, supposedly a defensive coach, didn't trust his own D to get a stop in money time. A complete joke.

We're a bigger news story than anything else in sports. As gets brought up a lot in these threads corporate media exists to make money not to inform or improve society. Tom Brady not recycling a plastic bottle is bigger news than if Haley stabbed Ben on live TV. I mean, obviously not really but sorta.

We're just the biggest deal in sports, anything to do with us generates days worth of news cycles, it's the price of being the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST