PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title is confusing.

Why are we obsessed with the lols of other teams right now?

This Dude shread our lol defense

18 million per year lol

The Jaguars had picked up Bortles's 5th-year option, which was for $19M. We'll have to see the structure of the deal, but they were already on the hook for a similar amount. I'd imagine this will give them an out after year 2.

The Jaguars had picked up Bortles's 5th-year option, which was for $19M. We'll have to see the structure of the deal, but they were already on the hook for a similar amount. I'd imagine this will give them an out after year 2.

In this case it seems like a good decision, also there must be language on the contract so they can get rid of him after year 2 without much of a cap hit. That team could take a nose dive trying to force a transition to a rookie QB right now and they will draft fairly low this year. I'm also assuming Cousins was a no either from their part or from the player's agent.

This has gotta mean they found a QB they really like in the draft that they plan on developing behind him and hope he continues to play it safe for them, right?

I do not see what's so HAHAHA about this contract. Jags got themselves a great deal. They were already on the hook for 18 point something million for next year. I hear the fully guaranteed portion is 27 million or so. So they got themselves an additional year option for only 9 million (of course, the salary would be more than that). This contract is a Brady like team friendly deal.

If I knew this coin was available, and I was starting out in school, I would do everything in my power to become, at least a mediocre QB in the NFL.

I mean, even a sub par, back up is in a good position to "get by".
Compared to your usual working slob.

It's amazing the money these guys get. It's no wonder their heads swell like a balloon.

I'd try (if?) ....:)

I do not see what's so HAHAHA about this contract. Jags got themselves a great deal. They were already on the hook for 18 point something million for next year. I hear the fully guaranteed portion is 27 million or so. So they got themselves an additional year option for only 9 million (of course, the salary would be more than that). This contract is a Brady like team friendly deal.
He doesn't make them better.

Who is out there that is going to make them better? Kirk Cousins at 27 million? Sam Bradford at 27 mill? Pry out Foles out of Philly for a second rounder and hand over a 130 mill contract? Draft a QB and hand over the reins of a playoff ready team?

Who is out there that is going to make them better? Kirk Cousins at 27 million? Sam Bradford at 27 mill? Pry out Foles out of Philly for a second rounder and hand over a 130 mill contract? Draft a QB and hand over the reins of a playoff ready team?

I don't have an opinion on the deal one way or the other because they got to the AFCCG with him so there's that.

But I do wonder what their thoughts on Cousins are. Too expensive? Not much better? Are they buying time so they can draft and develop?

I respect Coughlin so it makes me wonder why he didn't wait to see how things unfolded with Foles or pull the trigger on some of these other FA QB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News