PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

haha at Kelce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelers were holding ALL game on Bell's runs. There is holding on 90% of all offensive plays. They only call it 10% of time, maybe even less. I remember Peyton's Colts were famous for holding, never seemed to be called. So to call it on the most important play of the game, I think that's pretty ****ty. There are plenty of famous plays where it's NEVER called, the play that shall not be named, there was double holding on that play, and it wasn't called (could've been in the grasp too). I agree with Kelce, ******** call when it wasn't called all game.

I hate the Gronk comparisons with this guy. Seems like a douche to me. Especially after this:

maxresdefault.jpg

He and his team sure learned a lesson. He better thank whomever he didn't come here.

As long as offensive lineman keep their hands inside, it is not holding.

I do not think Pittsburgh holds, I think they keep their hands inside and play by the rules.

blatant hold - you have to wonder if he saw the replay

Harrison was torquing around, twisting his body around in sludge, and probably would have fallen anyway. It was a horrible call. Those acting like they should call the game the same way in the first quarter as at the very end of a playoff game are delusional. They do not, they should not, and they never have. If that was holding, they should be calling holding on 50% of plays. It was ticky-tack game-changing ********. No sir, I'm on the side of Kelce on this one. That smelled something awful.

[Edit: didn't see the pics above before posting-- I now realize I'm wrong about this, but...gonna just keep it here to keep me honest...I still think the part I just put in bold is right, but I do now see this was a pretty clear hold. Whether it should have been called--I'm not convinced frankly...and it sure isn't the sole reason they lost. At best it would have gotten them to OT, obviously.]

Made the mistake of telling my six year old that there are seven words you cannot say on TV when she heard them bleep out what he said about the refs. Great move, dad, now she is running around asking what the words are "Is one of them 'stupid'"....Dear lord how old before I can show her the Carlin skit?

Last edited:
I want the game called the same at the end as the beginning. It pissed me off beyond belief how much the Giants were holding on the helmet catch play, they had two guys by the face mask.

The problem is that holding is way too subjective and they let it go too often and then call it at the oddest times.

Either remove it from the rule book or enforce it consistently.

I do not think Pittsburgh holds, I think they keep their hands inside and play by the rules.

I saw numerous times a lineman hold, then put his hands up as in "didn't do nothing".

You don't do that unless you think you've held.

I want the game called the same at the end as the beginning. It pissed me off beyond belief how much the Giants were holding on the helmet catch play, they had two guys by the face mask.

The problem is that holding is way too subjective and they let it go too often and then call it at the oddest times.

Either remove it from the rule book or enforce it consistently.

It's a game management tool. Just like PI. For instance, there were times in the GB/Dallas game where receivers were getting mugged and no call. In the 4th quarter, Rodgers heaved a prayer up, got picked and they called PI on a far less egregious foul than had been happening all game long. Probably should not have been called and it would have been a pick.

It's a game management tool. Just like PI. For instance, there were times in the GB/Dallas game where receivers were getting mugged and no call. In the 4th quarter, Rodgers heaved a prayer up, got picked and they called PI on a far less egregious foul than had been happening all game long. Probably should not have been called and it would have been a pick.

Yup and this is what pisses me off the most. It seems they intentionally leave the enforcement vague enough so that they can call it whenever they want and greatly change the outcome of a game.

As blatant holding as I have seen.

Just as bad as what wasn't called when we played Denver in the regular season in 2015. The know the one, got on the cover of either SI or ESPN the magazine, was suppose to be pick of osweiller making a big play but showed the blatant holding.

Oh, and twice as bad as the tricky tack stuff they called against the patriots nullifying countless big plays in that same game.

I can't imagine how difficult it must be to ref an NFL game!

You operate with a small team of fellow refs and attempt to watch 22 world class athletes moving at world class speeds. You have a rule book that Einstein couldn't completely understand that has left you with too many situations where the call is based on your judgement. You judge ~ 150 total snaps per game, constantly scramble to be in the optimal place on the field to get the best look, and hope and pray that you don't miss a call. Oh, and by the way, nobody likes you and you have to constantly break up fights between younger, stronger and bigger warriors!

The good news is that you have been working with the same crew throughout the season and by week seventeen you are in peak referee rhythm.

Then the geniuses in the NFL* front office break up your crew for the most important games of the year.

Bad/questionable calls happen in every NFL game. I really don't think the refs have any agenda except to call the game as best they can. As long as Dean Blandino and the thugs in New York stay out of the on-field calls, I'm good with it.

Unfortunately, too many games come down to one or two key plays. I guess the only thing you can do as a team is get a big enough lead so that a bad or questionable call doesn't do you in.

Look at Fisher's Left hand.. It CLEARLY grabs and pulls at the right side of Harrison's shoulder pad.. That's the definition of offensive holding.
Indeed. The emphasis here should be on Fisher's terrible technique rather than if the ref calls it or not. Fischer plays better (and he has the draft pedigree that says he should be capable of it, first overall pick in the 2013 draft) then there's no flag. It's a shame a 'young stud' OL can't outplay one of the oldest players in the league late in the game.

Fact is, PIT made more plays than KC. They won the game. Kelce will just have to get over it.

Last edited:
Chiefs fans have gone from calling him better than Gronk to wanting him gone in a heartbeat.

Did you watch the game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back