PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski (The Horse).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up with my cousin at my sons graduation party today.
His father raced horses for a time and I remember the photos he had of monkey jockeys on their horses ... I bet a few in this forum might remember something like that from years ago.

On 6/9 Gronk bet $69 on this horse which paid 13.8 to 1... the sophomoric behavior continues..

There's definitely a trend towards late bloomers in the three year old crops. Justify beat the Apollo curse, he wouldn't have even been pointed towards the Triple Crown path not too long ago. Then there was West Coast last year, Arrogate (!!) the year before. Arrogate's Travers was probably the second greatest performance by a three year old in thoroughbred history. And I'm not uncertain his Dubai World Cup performance wasn't the best race ever run.

Justify was definitely a better horse than Pharoah, who benefited from the worst three year old crop in recent memory. Pharoah doesn't win the Triple Crown if he's running in 2014, California Chrome wins if he's running in 2015. But winning the Triple Crown isn't easy.

This crop wasn't nearly as bad, and horses like Vino Rosso, Tenfold, Bravazo, and Hofburg should continue to develop into legitimate forces (along with Malibu Moon and Audible), though it would have been nice to see Justify face Audible in the Belmont.

I'll be at Travers this year for the first time in like five years, so I'm pretty excited. Hopefully Baffert doesn't get cold feet after Pharoah fell victim to the Graveyard of Champions.

As for Gronkowski the horse, he ran a nice race. Didn't give believe in him coming off an injury with the European road to the Derby being notoriously low quality, but huge credit to Chad Brown and Jose, who ran his own race the whole way and let the pack wear themselves out over the 12 furlongs. Justify is just a freak and can run all day, nothing to be done. Turns out everyone else was just running for second.

Baffert should just pick either the Haskell or Travers, Not both like he did with Pharoah. I would imagine he will only race 3 more times max

Congrats to Justify on running a terrific race. Gonk was screwed by his jockey. I look forward to seeing Justify at the Haskell on July 29th in Monmouth County, NJ. Hopefully Gronk will run in the same race, maybe I will see Gronk the Pats TE as well.
I also had Gronk on top with Justify 2nd - If Gronk could have beaten him,i would have bought drinks for all you guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes