PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk toying with us again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never understood the mentality of stopping something that you’re doing better than you ever have.
Yes, he should totally keep on doing that same thing until he's permanently crippled, both physically and mentally. Anything else is just a slap in the face!

Yes, he should totally keep on doing that same thing until he's permanently crippled, both physically and mentally. Anything else is just a slap in the face!
Every NFL player should retire immediately.

Like all true patriots fans..I love Gronk. Hope he stays retired. But wish he could retire with a little bit more grace and dignity. This snake oil salesman, huckster, constantly shilling and using the false hope of trying to get fans to believe he might unretire is not cool.
It's the media, enabled by you that are using this false hope. He's just trying to make a living.

Next week boys.

After the conch thing I will be a little pissed at him if he doesn't come back this season. That wouldn't be cool.

his big announcement is that he is not coming back

On FB he has now written "On to Dallas"...it's the first time to my knowledge he has commented on a Patriots game...

He's pregnant!

On FB he has now written "On to Dallas"...it's the first time to my knowledge he has commented on a Patriots game...

I’m not getting my hopes up, he’s retired to me until he says he’s coming back, enough with the cryptic bs.

Why is anyone even discussing this as a “possibility”?

CBD oil use is prohibited by the NFL.

Assuming he’s using the product he’s hawking, he’s done with playing football. Case closed.

Why is anyone even discussing this as a “possibility”?

CBD oil use is prohibited by the NFL.

Assuming he’s using the product he’s hawking, he’s done with playing football. Case closed.

From the Interwebs

"According to some experts, CBD takes between three to four days to exit your body completely. However, as we have already told you, a variety of different factors influence the effect of substances in your body. In any case, CBD doesn't take any more than a week to leave your body altogether."

"'Why CBD might cause you to fail a drug test'
Research has found that THC can be detectable in your system for up to 30 days, but it's usually only present in heavy cannabis users after the first week. Second, there's a good chance that the CBD product you're using contains more than the .3% THC legally allowed."

From the Interwebs
"According to some experts, CBD takes between three to four days to exit your body completely. However, as we have already told you, a variety of different factors influence the effect of substances in your body. In any case, CBD doesn't take any more than a week to leave your body altogether."

"'Why CBD might cause you to fail a drug test'
Research has found that THC can be detectable in your system for up to 30 days, but it's usually only present in heavy cannabis users after the first week. Second, there's a good chance that the CBD product you're using contains more than the .3% THC legally allowed."

Doesn’t matter. He has a publicly acknowledged business interest in a company that manufactures an NFL banned substance.

It’s over.

Doesn’t matter. He has a publicly acknowledged business interest in a company that manufactures an NFL banned substance.

It’s over.

You been watching too much Ballers. :)

You been watching too much Ballers. :)

Cute, but the reality is what it is. If people want to be believe in “magical thought”, go right ahead.

Here’s what I think COULD happen as a publicity stunt for his product on Tuesday.

Gronk actually DOES announce his intention to return immediately to the NFL. The NFL disallows based on his business connection.

Kerfuffel in media results, handing his business untold hundreds of millions of $$$ of free advertising. Subject becomes issue one on national sports talking heads shows.

The dude is sly as a fox.

Cute, but the reality is what it is. If people want to be believe in “magical thought”, go right ahead.

Here’s what I think COULD happen as a publicity stunt for his product on Tuesday.

Gronk actually DOES announce his intention to return immediately to the NFL. The NFL disallows based on his business connection.

Kerfuffel in media results, handing his business untold hundreds of millions of $$$ of free advertising. Subject becomes issue one on national sports talking heads shows.

The dude is sly as a fox.

Or Gronk realizes how close to the turning point the NFL is in regards to the "illegal" use of marijuana and knows one obvious move by them that would be very much in keeping with them is the NFL in fact making a non-move and not making an issue of Gronk's perfectly legal business connection (as long as he continues to not fail drug tests).

But meh. I'm not convinced he's coming back, but I certainly don't think its 100% impossible either.

Or Gronk realizes how close to the turning point the NFL is in regards to the "illegal" use of marijuana and knows one obvious move by them that would be very much in keeping with them is the NFL in fact making a non-move and not making an issue of Gronk's perfectly legal business connection (as long as he continues to not fail drug tests).

But meh. I'm not convinced he's coming back, but I certainly don't think its 100% impossible either.

They can’t waive a long-standing medical policy in one day due to a player press conference.

That’s simply not how the NFL works. They would face law suits from the players CURRENTLY banned by the league for the substance who have been missing paychecks.

He’s not playing this year. Anything else is Magical Thinking.

They can’t waive a long-standing medical policy in one day due to a player press conference.

That’s simply not how the NFL works. They would face law suits from the players CURRENTLY banned by the league for the substance who have been missing paychecks.

He’s not playing this year. Anything else is Magical Thinking.

How many players are suspended for having marijuana business ties and not failed repeated drugs tests?

It's becoming lame quickly.

I bet even Tom is privately telling Gronk to stop trolling the fans for a little publicity for his media commitments. It's not worth destroying the goodwill.

For a comparison...Kittle is about 250 lbs. Gronk is in that ballpark.

This is accurate. Gronk said he had been 260-265 pounds since the ages of 18 and recently dropped to 250 to feel a little light. He said he can get back to 260 within a few weeks if he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back