PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick provides an answer on when he knew about his retirement.

interesting, so there's at least 5 guys in BBs corner you'd think on the coaches line at this point no? if you include vrabel than 6

having 6/32 in a room is pretty powerful...maybe BB is taking over the NFL off the field too

Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

2019-03-27-GronkRetires.png

I almost wouldn’t be surprised if Gronk came back and played like three more seasons.

Now watch Gronk Un-retire at the halfway point of the season comes back to the Patriots and we win another SB. The Team we beat in the AFC-CG will b!tch and then the NFL rules committee will implement the new Gronk rule that a player can no longer retire then Un-retire.:confused:

Biggest thing Gronk will have to deal with is "after the glitter fades" (h/t Stevie Nicks). As charismatic and fun as he is, the fall from the spotlight is fast. He's still a young man and once this orgasm of adulation expires, and it will, and quickly, he's going to have to deal with just being another guy.

If anyone was selling him on this kind of hype/money (he left $9m on the table) in pro wrestling or movies, I think he's in for a rude awakening.

On the flip side, if, as I expect, it's because his body just couldn't handle it anymore, then good for him - correct choice - and I hope he never un-retires.

I’m gonna miss the gronk. One of the more fun players to watch, not just because of how dominant he was but he had such a positive attitude.

So long Goat.

I almost wouldn’t be surprised if Gronk came back and played like three more seasons.

I could easily see him coming back after a year if his body is feeling good.

I also wouldn't be all that surprised if come week 12, he decides to unretire for the playoff run.

I could easily see him coming back after a year if his body is feeling good.

I also wouldn't be all that surprised if come week 12, he decides to unretire for the playoff run.
Rosenhaus comments were odd, he’s no dummy he wouldn’t hint a comeback for no reason. Wouldn’t be surprised if the retirement was Bill and co calling Gronk’s bluff.

Glad Gronk got to go out on his own terms. I think he is pretty shot physically, in terms of playing professional football.

I think a lot of us felt it wouldn't be a long career given the way he played and his injury history. Reminds me a bit of Gale Sayers, brilliant player with short career due to injury.

I do think some of the local media went a bit over the top one talking head called him the second greatest Patriot. This knucklehead was old enough to have seen John Hannah play, just sayin.

So, I was lurking around some football forums. It's crazy that in every one of them, there is a multi-page thread about Gronk. All the conversations are about if he is the Goat TE or other greats.

Crazy man, we were lucky to have him. I think he will be missed a lot, even if he wasnt 100, defenses were always aware of him.

Still hasn’t really sunk in we aren’t going to see 87 on the field next season.

That is my understanding. Of course they can add playoff bonuses and whatnot so if he comes back in November with 10 games played he is not just playing for 4m or whatever.

IMHO he wouldn't deserve an extra playoff bonus over what the players who were with the team all year received.

Rosenhaus comments were odd, he’s no dummy he wouldn’t hint a comeback for no reason. Wouldn’t be surprised if the retirement was Bill and co calling Gronk’s bluff.

My off-the-wall guess is he is working/negotiating a couple of opportunities for Gronk and by playing the "he might come back" card that means the other party needs to kick in more cash/commit to Gronk so he has a financial reason to stay on the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST