PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Schiano Steps Down From DC Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is phenomenal news.

About time, he couldn’t get us off the field on third down a single time.

Reads like a Schiano press bomb is imminent...
This is what I ask thinking too..... he talks of family and priorities.

I am SO happy they took the trophy this February. Cause this offseason has been whack.

I was skeptical of this move. Kind of glad he stepped down.

Given the statement it sounds to me like maybe someone in Schianos family got seriously sick. I'd wait with the memes and making fun of him until we kinda know whats up.

Last edited:
I'll be honest. I did not feel that Schiano would be a good fit here. Based on what I saw of him as a Coach for Tampa, he was too much of a Control freak. I think he'd have clashed with BB.

I said way back that there was a huge difference between being someone's friend and being their subordinate and that I didn't think Schiano could handle that.
That's a VERY strong comment without a whole lot of information to back it up. The same could have been said of BB after his Cleveland stint. How'd that work out in his 2nd chance.

The Bucs have been a graveyard for HC's for a couple of decades, and the list of very unhappy players who can something to say about their coaches rather than their own play would fill a thick book.

Being on the staff of the Patriots, like almost every coaching position in the league is like your full time job and your second full time job. There is not a lot of family time going on during the season and just a little more in the off season.

I'm happy whatever situation caused this change of heart occurred now BEFORE the full commitment was invested. I'm guessing that BB is not going to go looking for some "name DC" but rather work with what he has on board and develop someone who starts to stand out, while at the same time take a bigger role as the defacto DC until that person emerges. It will be interesting to see if he decides to call the signals this year. I'm thinking that he doesn't. He hasn't for the last 20 years.

Cripes we've reached critical mass. Can't wait for the season to start (even though it's 6 months away). Ugghhh.

Given the statement sounds to me like maybe someone in Schianos family got seriously sick. I'd wait with the memes and making fun of him until we kinda know whats up.
LOL, that's right. BB will be holding a 2 hour press conference later on! (Sorry, couldn't resist; just trying to be funny).

*Well, bye meme*

What happened btw them? I have no clue.

Bennett said some unflattering things about Schiano some years ago. I don't have the links, but they are scattered through the Schiano hiring thread.

LOL, that's right. BB will be holding a 2 hour press conference later on! (Sorry, couldn't resist; just trying to be funny).

:D

Well it will leak one way or the other at some point.

So how long until we hear about the misdeeds that caused this?

Bennett said some unflattering things about Schiano some years ago. I don't have the links, but they are scattered through the Schiano hiring thread.

Harrison and Revis also said some words about the coach or the organization. This Bennett thing really doesn't matter. Not here.

Funny thing is the same people on here happy about him not being a coach will be *****ing and moaning he's not coaching after the first time the defense gives up a first down in the first preseason game.

True, except RW won’t be one of them. ;)

This team is a friggin circus.

Oh well.

Cool, wasn't he more of a cover 2 guy anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back