PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Schiano Steps Down From DC Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly the kid is successful, smart, hardworking and seemingly a good husband and father but my god....that hair.
Have you looked at yourself in the mirror Dude

If genius Mcvay can be a HC at 30 years old, then I don't see why Stephen Bellichick at 31, with his pedigree and tutelage from the grand master, can't replace Flores.

S.B. seems an awkward kid who needs a little confidence and growing up, while McVay is a confident polished salesman.

Stephen might have him on intellect, but he's not ready to lead.

BB will love teaching his kid.

I don’t know what to think about Greg Schiano stepping down until Andy Johnson tells me I have it all wrong.

BB will run the D, while Josh handles the offense.

Speaking of your alto-ego, did you put the Pats logo on his shirt or did you find it online?
I was gonna have a buddy make a "Dude/Patriot" avatar but I found it online. So psyched.
Notice the 'Gansett he is holding. In the movie it was the half & half

Kind of a surprise to me....I wish Schiano well.

Now who will be the "play caller" or "assistant DC"? I think BB needs to bring in someone with a tad bit more experience even if he's largely running the show on that side of the ball....

Dare I say it? Rex Ryan? LOL....I kid...I kid...
They should hire Wrecks as DC and Wes Welker as receivers coach. Bring those two together for a few larfs.

I don't think there is anything wrong with SBeli staying safeties coach. CB or DL might look like a more glamorous title but I think in reality it is easy to get stuck there in a niche and in both cases it seems to be you really want people there who can teach fundamentals and technique a lot.

But that is my personal opinion and might be totally off. Either way I am not particularly concerned about any of those things. The only thing I am not a huge fan of is having BB playcall the defense because he is awesome at managing the big picture as HC. More pressure on Joe Judge and McDaniels than ever before.

Who said anything about glamour? I was looking at it from the point of view of being well rounded in the case of SBeli. His dad was a defensive assistant as well as a LB coach with the Giants. Not to mention tons of time spent as a special teams coach..

We can bring back Daly from kc and make him the de facto dc.

Pepper Johnson makes sense as an outside candidate as D line coach, even if he is only a bridge coach until one of the defensive coaching assistants is sufficiently seasoned. He was in the running for DC along with Patricia several years ago and is familiar with the BB defensive system.

Perhaps living away from family with little time to go home created issues for him.

A historically good TE at an age that doesn't normally mean retirement did in fact retire for his own personal reasons. It hardly seems incredulous for someone else to make a similar decision based on personal reasons.

1. He's been here a small amount of time which did not include games or even camp. Since what he may have brought to the team never materialized. what is lost is immaterial. (in fact it could be addition by subtraction -- it's an unknown).
2. He and BB were well acquainted and Schiano would be well acquainted with how BB runs the ship. To me it seems implausible that what was happening on the Patriots was the catalyst for Schiano's departure. I'd bet the mortgage payment his departure is for personal reasons (hopefully that does not mean someone in his family circle has been diagnosed with a severe medical condition or similar extremely serious family issues).

I am just glad there was no resignation on a napkin

Lol, you serious?
Rex kinda lost it towards the end of his career. He ain’t that great.
Right now I think BB is just gonna have to run the D by himself.

Lol, you serious?
Rex kinda lost it towards the end of his career. He ain’t that great.
Right now I think BB is just gonna have to run the D by himself.
I’m 99.9% sure it wouldn’t happen due to philosophical differences, but I would not mind the hire. Rex has never coached a team that had a competent offense. No matter how good your defense is, they will eventually crack if they don’t have a supporting offense. Give him an offense that can score points and he’ll make QB’s make dumb decisions.

I wonder if Sciano pulled an Alexander Haig while Bill was on vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST