PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdubh3

Rookie
Reaction score
I think that this guy is one player that will be on the Pats radar come draft day. BB and Pioli love there Georgia boys, and Blue is defiately a heck of a player. Didn't play that well in the BCS game against WVU, but then again who did for most of that game for Georgia. He'll be a first day pick more than likely. What do you guys think?

Blue is a heck of a player who didn't play well in many games this year. I watched two other games and I wasn't impressed by him or Minter. Blue does't like to wrap up. He likes to hit a guy and hopes that the guy loses his balance and falls.

Also, how does a free safety go his entire college career with only 2 interceptions? Blue didn't have an interception until this season.

From a phyical standpoint, Blue would be an ideal fit to replace Rodney long-term. He's big with CB speed and is a fearsome hitter. Problem is he is a liability in coverage. I personally like him, but as an early 3rd round guy.

Blue stuggles a lot in coverage. He has very poor ball skills, hence the lack of interceptions. Not very instinctive.

However he could still make a team as a special teams demon. If he's taught to tackle a bit better, get his head across the torso and wrap up, he could be very productive on ST.

I like him. He's a physical presence back there, and a good leader on that Georgia defense. They're saying teams like the Colts with faster LBs will look to convert him, but I think he can progress into a very good strong safety. If we don't take DB with our first rounder, I'd look into taking him in the 2nd.

Beli quote

Ochmed Jones said:
Blue stuggles a lot in coverage. He has very poor ball skills, hence the lack of interceptions. Not very instinctive.

However he could still make a team as a special teams demon. If he's taught to tackle a bit better, get his head across the torso and wrap up, he could be very productive on ST.

Wasn't here a Belichick quote that went something like..." Don't give me a defensive guy who can't tackle. What would I do with him?"...

Being down here in Dawg country, I get to see all the games, (becuase if you are not watching the game, you will be very lonely). Blue is one of those keep your head on a swivel players (like Rodney) that every reciever must think about. He hits like a truck! and Gerogia players seem to adapt well to the Patriots systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Back