PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Point by....Felger?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same Felger who said that Moss was the problem, that the Patriots would get to the AFCCG without Moss, and that the team would be better without Moss stretching the defense.

He was wrong on all 3 counts.

You think having Moss would have made a difference in this years playoffs?

Obviously you must have missed Moss's performance...or lack there of ...in all of his playoff games here and essentially in his career.

Moss,other than a decoy has NEVER proven to be much of an asset in the playoffs and he likely wouldn't this year either.

Thats why he will be looking for work this year instead of in a long term contract.

The team was better without Moss. No doubt about it!

1 loss with him, 1 loss without him (2 if you count the Jets in the playoffs). 32.75 ppg with him, 32.25 ppg without him, and that's with Brady going nuts for most of the second half of the season.

You think having Moss would have made a difference in this years playoffs?

Yes, I think that Moss would have made a difference in this year's playoffs.

This is the same Felger who said that Moss was the problem, that the Patriots would get to the AFCCG without Moss, and that the team would be better without Moss stretching the defense.

He was wrong on all 3 counts.

They were undoubtably better without Moss this year.
I also think this team's defense will be stellar in the next couple years assuming we can find a pass rush and not have a gazillion injuries.

1 loss with him, 1 loss without him (2 if you count the Jets in the playoffs). 32.75 ppg with him, 32.25 ppg without him, and that's with Brady going nuts for most of the second half of the season.

Yes, I think that Moss would have made a difference in this year's playoffs.

If thats what you believe then fine...but history shows that he has been a regular season stud and a playoff dud and has shown nothing to prove it would have changed last weekend..

The last time Randy was a factor in a playoff game other than a decoy was in 2001 against N.O. while with the Vikings..and if it weren't for a 60 yard bomb by Culpepper to Moss even that would have been nothing.

Moss isn't 25 anymore...he is a washed up bum looking for some team dumb enough to sign his lazy ass this offseason.

If he gets more than $2M,he is overpaid...

Put Moss,Chad Johnson and T.O. together and you have a group of guys that will dissapoint from here on out....they are all done.

Last edited:
If thats what you believe then fine...but history shows that he has been a regular season stud and a playoff dud and has shown nothing to prove it would have changed last weekend..

History shows a lot of misleading things about a lot of players. In 1998 and 1999, he didn't seem to have any problems in the playoffs. For the matter, his first game in the 2000 playoffs is one everyone here wishes one of the Patriots receivers had produced against the Jets a couple of weeks ago.

12 Playoff games with 10 TDs, 47 catches and an 18.5 ypc average isn't exactly a playoff disaster, especially since teams have always planned their defenses around stopping him.

1 loss with him, 1 loss without him (2 if you count the Jets in the playoffs). 32.75 ppg with him, 32.25 ppg without him, ...

If you want to say they were just as good w/Moss as without, or that Moss leaving wasn't the reason for any improvement, fine -- but both these points are pretty weak, imo.

1 loss -- and how many wins? and who were the wins against?

I'll take 11-1 over 3-1, particularly when the 11-1 includes a number of quality opponents. I'll also take the 1/2 pt less per game when it's over 3x as many games (and against the better competition).

My opinion is that the team was better, and the offense was better, after Moss's departure. I don't think that was Moss's fault, though. Indirectly, I guess you could say it was, but in the end it's up to Brady and the rest of the offense to play their best and not worry about getting the ball to Moss.

Last edited:
So Felgies breaking a 4 year old story? That was reported by numerous sources since then. Remember the Polian rules for pass defense? That was more the reason, since if you can't defend them, you need to outscore them, or so goes the theory.

If you're a great google searcher, or lexis nexis etc., you'll have no trouble finding 3-5 year old articles noting the same trend.

Moss isn't 25 anymore...he is a washed up bum looking for some team dumb enough to sign his lazy ass this offseason.

hate much??? ding ding ding...

can't say if Moss would have or would NOT have helped against the Jets in this year playoffs...all i know is Brady and his crew learned to play without him in the regular season but lost a game in the post season...but give the man the respect he deserves...you are either a hater or a little kid who has never seen Moss played football in his prime and throughout his long soon to be Hall of Fame NFL career.

Felger is at least wrong in his prediction of the Pats making the AFC Championship now that they got rid of Moss. At least now the people that say the Patriots never won the SB with Moss can shut up since they didn't win without him either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents