PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great podcast with Jerod Mayo about patriots,leadership and inner workings of the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice will check it out!

On that note, can people recommend their favorite patriots podcasts, or anything else they like that's NFL related? Does Patsfans have one?

Good listen - thanks for posting.

Found it funny that he knew NE was a different place from his combine visits just by seeing the parking lot: 'there were minivans, pickup trucks - they were all about football, you go to Washington or Detroit and there are Lamborghini's.' :D

Thanks for posting, interesting listen. Regardless of your talent level you need to work as hard as everyone else because if you don't you are not giving good example to younger players. Does not work in a BB locker room.

Nice will check it out!

On that note, can people recommend their favorite patriots podcasts, or anything else they like that's NFL related? Does Patsfans have one?

Well for me my favorite Patriots Podcasts are:

Patriots Playbook with John Rooke (they do this show live Tue/Wed/Thurs at 2-4pm Eastern during the season, really well informed show with good national guests)
The Bob Socci Show on Patriots.com (4-6 pm live on Wednesdays; good show with exclusive interviews with Patriot players in the locker room and national guys)
Patriots Monday/IIWII Cast on WEEI.com (must listens every week for Brady and the like; plus Chris Price is a knowledgeable a beat guy that there is in the business)
Patriots Beat on CLNS Radio
The Jeff Howe Show (pretty good info but he needs another voice on here)

A couple NFL podcasts:
Football by Football (This is Chatham's podcast...he has not done one in 2 months but they are good to go back to)
Around the NFL (my only foray into the enemy...but a Pats fan is on here and a Jest fan so....it's an OK balance)

And yes...PatsFans.com has its own podcast:

New England Patriots Podcast - Patriots Fourth and Two Podcast - Official Podcast of PatsFans.com

EDIT: Oops...forgot about Mayo's own podcast...

Ex-Pats Podcast (Dan Koppen and Mike Giardi host this along with Mayo...this is really good...wish more guys do this)

I'll never listen to Bob Socci. Horrible just horrible.

Oh, I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but he doesn't have the voice to call a game and he can't rein in Zolack so he's basically useless.

Oh, I'm sure he's a nice guy and all but he doesn't have the voice to call a game and he can't rein in Zolack so he's basically useless.

So, so agreed. The radio broadcasts are unlistenable now.

I don't listen to the games either but the show itself is a lot better. If anything it's inside info from someone "inside".

Miss Mayo. Hope he comes back in some capacity.
“If you want to lead, you have to serve.“
Not many people understand this anymore.

If BB calls it a day prematurely .. in a season or two .. it will be because of what Mayo is saying about new breed of players there, the new “I“ mentality where work ethics, responsibility, sacrifice, camaraderie, humility, respect etc. are leaving more and more to be desired. I bet his frustration is already nearing the boiling point having to take more and more of this immature ****. I guess its no fun for him spending hours after hours years after years carefully scouting elite players that are still willing to buy in team philosophy only to see them going freelancing in one way or the other soon after they become starters instead of starting leading the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes