PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great BB decisions / moments / sayings / signings

It would be pretty sweet to put an exclamation on his career and have Mac get them to SB56. I know that's a big ask, but that would be the cherry on top.
Yep. Big ask for 2021 w/ a rookie QB but if they have another killer draft and FA haul 2022 is not out of the question

Bidding up the price/commitment for Revis in 2015.
I still remember Woody Johnson strutting around like a peacock when they re-signed Revis. It was funny to me how pleased with himself he was after paying Revis who won a ring with the Jets arch nemesis only for Revis to fall off a cliff a year later. Woody sure got one over on old Bill there.

- Carrying 4 qbs in 2000, and sticking with Tom when drew was ready to return

-sb36 game plan

- intentional safety 03

-switching law and Harrison before playoff game vs Peyton

- not taking a tmeout in sb49 before the butler pick. I’ll totally admit wanting to take a timeout and giving Brady 1 minute to score

- 2018 vs rams sb game plan

- staying put to land Mac

many more good / underrated coaching decisions and personnel decisions to name obviously but those stick out

I still remember Woody Johnson strutting around like a peacock when they re-signed Revis. It was funny to me how pleased with himself he was after paying Revis who won a ring with the Jets arch nemesis only for Revis to fall off a cliff a year later. Woody sure got one over on old Bill there.
That guy is one of the world's greatest morons. And, a cheater.

IMHO, Bill Belichick's "on to Cincinnati" press conference was his finest moment as HC of the NEP. The team has just gotten their asses handed to them and the media was doing their usual job of kicking you when you're down. Is Tom Brady too old (a laughable notion here with hindsight but yes, that is what they were asking), have you done enough to help Brady, does Brady have enough weapons, is the talent here good...

These are questions that have no right answer. Belichick threw each and every question back in the asker's face and sent a message to his team at the same time. 3 1/2 months later, they were Super Bowl Champions.

So many, tough to choose just one...the first one that comes to mind is his superior/genious game plan in the Super Bowl against the Rams...just totally outreached McVay the whole game.

Elevating Brady and sticking with him is the obvious one. Even if injury forced his hand, once it happened he rode it all the way to SB36.
SB36 and SB53 game plans. In-game coaching in SB49 and 51.
His consistent humiliation of Peyton Manning in the first dynasty run.
Signing Rodney Harrison & Corey Dillon were perfect moves in the 2003-2004 window.
Moss & Welker signings was an insane 1-2 punch.
2014 preseason with the Revis, Browner & LaFell signings was killer.
His infinite :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: when it was suggested to go with Jimmy G in that press conference in 2014 was a good one.

Last edited:
After SB 38, "they hate their coach" asked Bill for an interview. Bill's response....F**k Y*u....

His consistent humiliation of Peyton Manning in the first dynasty run.
Standing Ovation Yes GIF by The Maury Show

How about drafting Devin Mccourty at 23, when everyone was clamoring for Pats to take Dez Bryant

Drafting Edelman

Signing David Andrews as a free agent

Literally every undrafted guy, 7th round pick, 6th round pick. So many examples where he finds diamonds. It's bonkers and unheard of. It's like a random free bonus card every single year or two that no other team gets. Edelman, Jacobi Meyers, JC Jackson, Malcolm Butler, Tom Brady, Stephen Neal, Troy Brown, Michael Onwenu, David Givens.

How about drafting Devin Mccourty at 23, when everyone was clamoring for Pats to take Dez Bryant

Drafting Edelman

Signing David Andrews as a free agent
Thing on McCourty, he was drafted as a corner, he played corner and then he was bad at corner. He was moved to safety and took off.

There are so many smaller moves, too, that we're all likely forgetting about. I am still laughing at those who think BB didn't know what he was doing and Brady somehow did everything for the organization. Hilarious, child-like logic.
Well nobody ever said that, what we said is that Brady is a QB and Bill is a coach, and while you try and diminish everything Brady does, the coach you are praising kept him longer then any other player ever to be on this team. Without Brady, this team is a different team the last 20 years. No coach, can win without great players.

There was no regression. That was in 2011 when they were super thin and young on D. He needed IQ on the back end after Meriweather and a guy like Sergio Brown not being good.

Really? I totally remember it being a move both in 2012 and him having a rough start for like 8 games until they moved him.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back