PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great article on how Hogan became a Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
His eyes remind me of a white Reche Caldwell.

Chris+Hogan+aTWkxEtGU_bm.jpg

Was Hogan a plan C behind Marvin Jones and Muhammad Sanu? It would have been nice if the article explored that.

Sorry, still upset about 2007; refuse to click on a Boston Herald article. Although if someone wants to summarize I'll gladly read that.

Sorry, still upset about 2007; refuse to click on a Boston Herald article. Although if someone wants to summarize I'll gladly read that.

Basically:

Hogan had shown up on tape before, Pats impressed with route running and attention to detail as well as all round game, saw him as a priority, meeting arranged within hours of FA opening, visited next day, Pats made offer day after that, Hogan cancelled a visit to the Falcons and signed the offer sheet immediately.

Sounds like the Pats wanted him badly.

By the way, obviously the finances have to be considered.......but imagine if he'd signed with the Falcons. What a WR corps they'd have had!

He's given the Pats the intermediate/deep threat they've lacked for years and the offense is all the more explosive for it. He also can get off the press quickly and get open underneath as a redundancy for Edelman/Amendola if needed. Excellent signing. Between him and Bennett, those signings are 1A and 1B.

Belichick already explained it "He was available."

Basically:

Hogan had shown up on tape before, Pats impressed with route running and attention to detail as well as all round game, saw him as a priority, meeting arranged within hours of FA opening, visited next day, Pats made offer day after that, Hogan cancelled a visit to the Falcons and signed the offer sheet immediately.

Sounds like the Pats wanted him badly.

Reminds me of the Welker signing. No-name guy who bounced among teams given an unusually solid/high contract based on the Pat's FO analysis.

Sounds like this went down like the Wes Welker signing away from Miami. Identify a guy that is being underused by a rival but would be a perfect fit for you, and go after him aggressively. Glad it has worked out great for all parties involved.

Reminds me of the Welker signing. No-name guy who bounced among teams given an unusually solid/high contract based on the Pat's FO analysis.
LOL, you just beat me to it!

Some people were not fans of the contract at first. An average of 4M a year for this guy seemed like a pretty good investment in a player who for the Bills never really showed anything to amazing. Never got over 500 yards. You really had to make the projection he could do more and match up well on 1s and 2s by tape as he was usually the 3rd or 4th option on the field that CBs faced.

Well that deal looks very good now. In a fairly loaded offense he is on pace to get about 800 yards and 20 YPC. Both would easily be career best. Having him on 2 more years for that deal looks like a very smart deal now... Also the dude just doesn't miss games. 56 for 56 in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back