My grades:
1a Chandler Jones A
1b Donta' Hightower A
2 Tavon Wilson B
3 Jake Bequette B
6. Nate Ebner C
7a. Alfonzo Dennard F -can't practice in jail
7b. Jeremy Ebert C

I hate the Alfonso Dennard pick - absolutely hate it. It is not a good idea to hit a police officer in the face while resisting arrest outside a bar the week before the draft. Judges frown on defendents who hit public safety officers in the face, usually.

Dennard has Albert Haynesworth written all over him.

Really? Really!

Everybody including the draft expert lemmings is hammering the Tavon Wilson pick. He is a mature, senior leader who quarterbacked a defense in the Big Ten consisting of 2nd-tier recruits because it is Illinois, not OSU. That kid is a character guy which is exactly what the young secondary needs. I think he'll be solid - not great - and bring leadership to a group that needs as much as they can muster. It's a kiddie corps back there.

Of all the picks, I think I like Bequette the best. Another pass rusher who projected a little higher and who was the MVP of his Bowl game - watch the video. Impressive.

Last thought maybe for another place: why do these draftniks put any stock into these all-star games as indicators of what a kid could possibly do in the pros? They are entirely artificial and do not come close to he conditions of a crucial game in the NFL. Bowl games and big rivalry games with something on the line is where tape matters, not mismatches and beauty contest games.

Wilson "B",, Denard F"" ??? Seriously dude,, lay of your daughters girlscoute cookies.

regardless of what people think, I really think this is one of the best off seasons
I`ve witnessed as a pats fan.

In my mind it's one of the more exiting drafts I can recall. It's not like we typically get 10% of the 1'st round talent. As fare as the best "off season" I'll go with 2007.

In my mind it's one of the more exiting drafts I can recall. It's not like we typically get 10% of the 1'st round talent. As fare as the best "off season" I'll go with 2007.

well we cant get randymoss every year :(

Last edited:
As a Jets fan I'd give it a B-, probably and A if not for Wilson.

as long as it's not between a Goatston and a Deblubbergutz Robertson, the Pats will survive....

Wilson "B",, Denard F"" ??? Seriously dude,, lay of your daughters girlscoute cookies.

Dennard is an idiot. He punched a police officer in the face the week before the draft and then resisted arrest - it took four cops to subdue him - one week before the draft. I suppose the judge will throw it out for lack of witnesses.

He got himself tossed for fighting in the Capitol One Bowl. I guess there were no scouts there either.

Do you remember Albert Haynesworth? The team improved when they finally dumped him - another cancerous idiot who had similar violence and legal issues.

I suppose you see Alfonzo Dennard as a team leader and the next Troy Brown or Tedy Bruschi. Give me a friggin' break.

It's interesting to see the intellectual concepts posters are working from to evaluate the Wilson pick. Since we will only know the answer after he plays, a few rules concepts should be accepted.

A team competing NOW needs to target players vs bad teams that should go "quantity over quality". Since are clearly in the former, a player wanted should be drafted at the expense over "we COULD get later".

If the organization put in the work on the kid, we should be satisfied.

Dontarie Poe anyone? If you are not invited to all the pre draft activities, how can you become a "shooting up the boards, guy"?

Win. Assuming both #1's end up as solid starters or better, which most of BB's #1's do, and one player of the remaining 5 end up being a solid player/starter in the next two years, I think it's fair to call that a win by a comfortable margin.

For years we scream at the TV to trade up and take the impact players. He finally does it this year! I love the Hightower pick!

Re: Dennard pick that everyone has such a big yank with: he's a 7th rounder. He could get cut in camp and be a greeter at Wally World by Aug 1. In that scenario, we'd be out zip! Better to try him on a 7th round than up high, where his talent should have had him. I have confidence that BB will not put up with some rook's BS and figure Dennard is on a very short leash.

Re the rest: I would have liked an interior OL pick, C or G. I also would have liked some 6'3" burner on the outside. But that's nitpicky on my part. I like the guys they picked, and look forward to going to camp to see them.

Last edited:
The Day 2 picks are head scratchers but everything else seems solid in the surface, so I went with win. Would have liked to see a DT/3-4 DE selected at some point, though.

Absolute epic win. If the draft would of went like this would it change posters minds?

Jones
Hightower
Dennard
Bequette
Wilson
Ebert
Ebner

This is a really good perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes