PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gosselin's Top 100...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosselin's the goods, he's very diligent and informed. Last year he had Vollmer 75th I think, which no other analyst did.

The guy he has at 22 keeps sticking in my head...I would love to see the Pats be able to trade back and land him, but apparently he's too highly regarded. I'm more steak than sizzle this year for the Pats, and Pouncey could really help this team.

Funny, if Goose crafted this after picking the minds of NFL personnel experts, how did that non-productive Utah kid wind up at 40? :idontgetit:

Corey Peters looks like the guy with the biggest jump from draftnik projections and this is the second week of the draft listing to come out with Tony Moeaki in the middle of the second round.

Gosselin's the goods, he's very diligent and informed. Last year he had Vollmer 75th I think, which no other analyst did.

The guy he has at 22 keeps sticking in my head...I would love to see the Pats be able to trade back and land him, but apparently he's too highly regarded. I'm more steak than sizzle this year for the Pats, and Pouncey could really help this team.

Pouncey is the one I have been hoping for at 22 (despite his low Wonderlic). Really believe the O-line needs more of the tough nasty types. Too much trouble creating push when needed.

Funny, if Goose crafted this after picking the minds of NFL personnel experts, how did that non-productive Utah kid wind up at 40.

You know, I always wonder whether the NFL people's draft boards fluctuate as wildly as the media experts' and fans' do between the end of the college season and the draft. The way stock rises and falls in mocks after the football stops is an interesting phenomenon. Do the Belichicks and Piolis change their boards so dramatically in the same time period?

You know, I always wonder whether the NFL people's draft boards fluctuate as wildly as the media experts' and fans' do between the end of the college season and the draft. The way stock rises and falls in mocks after the football stops is an interesting phenomenon. Do the Belichicks and Piolis change their boards so dramatically in the same time period?
I doubt it. There was an article around here talking about BB reviewing scouting tape starting in October, that's a three month head start on most draftniks.

Looking at the top 20 guys who could likely be there for the Pats, Wilson stands out s a potential surprise pick worth the value. Surprised to see Kindle so low.

If the Pats had a third-rounder, here's some potential Pats prospects ranked in that 65-98 range:

WR
68. Eric Decker
78. Emmanuel Sanders
81. Andre Roberts
93. Mardy Gilyard

DT
72. Corey Peters
80. Al Woods
91. Torrell Troup

And at the oft-mentioned DE/OLB position:

25. Jerry Hughes
32. Sergio Kindle
40. Koa Misi
45. Everson Griffen
58. Corey Wootton
79. Ricky Sapp
84. Jason Worilds

And last but not least:

92. Carlos Dunlap

Funny, if Goose crafted this after picking the minds of NFL personnel experts, how did that non-productive Utah kid wind up at 40?

Uh, because he's for real? :)

Corey Peters looks like the guy with the biggest jump from draftnik projections...

I've mentioned him as a serious option for NE. A very productive career and smart. And there may also be a BB connection.

Last edited:
The scouts are evaluating players. The journalists are evaluating players and doing their best to second-guess the evaluations of the scouts.

I'm pretty sure that teams don't get to February and say "Wow! We've forgotten all about X!" What they still want to know is what the physical measurables are and what sort of intelligence and character the player shows when they meet him. But the main data -- what the player does on the field -- has been in for a long time.

Some #22 options and possible trade-down targets:

19. Earl Thomas
20. Kyle Wilson
22. Maurkice Pouncey
24. Devin McCourty
25. Jerry Hughes
26. Sean Weatherspoon
28. Jared Odrick
29. Kareem Jackson
30. Rodger Saffold
31. Tyson Alualu
40. Koa Misi

And I found this to be very noteworthy:

The offensive line board will empty out quickly in this draft. The quality tackles, guards and centers will be gone by the end of the third round.
On that note, 54. Jonathan Asamoah may be one to look for, but notice that Matt Tennant and Jared Veldheer didn't make the list -- which is good.

Funny, if Goose crafted this after picking the minds of NFL personnel experts, how did that non-productive Utah kid wind up at 40? :idontgetit:

Corey Peters looks like the guy with the biggest jump from draftnik projections and this is the second week of the draft listing to come out with Tony Moeaki in the middle of the second round.

All my binky's are heading in the wrong direction...up. Bill better find a trading partner dumb enough to let him close/bridge that gap between 53 and 119...a couple of times...:violent: Too bad Marshall Faulk didn't get that group together to buy the Rams. He would be the perfect mark as a GM...

I've mentioned him as a serious option for NE. A very productive career and smart. And there may also be a BB connection.

I like Corey Peters a lot. I agree he should be in the top 100, not a late rounder like I've seen in many places before. But he appears to be a much better fit as a 43 DT, probably a 3 technique. Much like a more skilled version of Myron Pryor.

Other interesting things on the board:

Moeaki definitely has the goods to be a 2nd rounder and looks like a prototypical Pats TE. But the guy never stays healthy. Just because of that, I figure he'd slide a round or so. Same thing with Gronkowski, I view him as a major injury risk.

I'm in total agreement with what he says about Spiller/Mathews. IMO, Mathews is the best back and should be the 1st one off the board. Spiller is a slightly faster, but less skilled version of Reggie Bush.

Ricky Sapp in the 3rd round is about right. But I'd actually rate him behind Worilds and Norwood. Not impressed with Ricky.

Looking at the top 20 guys who could likely be there for the Pats, Wilson stands out s a potential surprise pick worth the value. Surprised to see Kindle so low.

Ryan Matthews is very highly rated, it would be a surprise but at least RBs can contribute it year one.

Pouncey is moving up fast, I suspect he goes in the teens. Brandt called him the best Center prospect in 10 years.

Some #22 options and possible trade-down targets:

19. Earl Thomas
20. Kyle Wilson
22. Maurkice Pouncey
24. Devin McCourty
25. Jerry Hughes
26. Sean Weatherspoon
28. Jared Odrick
29. Kareem Jackson
30. Rodger Saffold
31. Tyson Alualu
40. Koa Misi

And I found this to be very noteworthy:

On that note, 54. Jonathan Asamoah may be one to look for, but notice that Matt Tennant and Jared Veldheer didn't make the list -- which is good.

In the NFLN mock yesterday Faulk took Tennant at 31 for the Colts...Mayock was flabbergasted and tried in vain to talk him out of taking a guy out of the top 100 at 31 with Saffold still on the board and even Ducasse likely available to them in the second...to no avail! And that wasn't his only bizarro pick. It was mock draft high comedy. Thing is there will be GM's who miscalculate and fall in love and do idiotic things that will effect everything that unfolds thereafter. Although it's a tossup whether the extra time will mitigate that or just exacerbate it...

I love Emmanuel Sanders, but I was shocked he had him so high

I hate Ricky Sapp, but I was shocked he had him so low

I love Alualu and Kindle, but was shocked he had the former ahead of the latter

I LOVE Dunlap, and know why he's getting his knocks, but 92?!?!?!?!?!!??!?

I love Emmanuel Sanders, but I was shocked he had him so high

I hate Ricky Sapp, but I was shocked he had him so low

I love Alualu and Kindle, but was shocked he had the former ahead of the latter

I LOVE Dunlap, and know why he's getting his knocks, but 92?!?!?!?!?!!??!?

Ha maybe Dunlap could be had at 119? I would be doing cartwheels.

If the Pats had a third-rounder, here's some potential Pats prospects ranked in that 65-98 range:

WR
68. Eric Decker
78. Emmanuel Sanders
81. Andre Roberts
93. Mardy Gilyard

DT
72. Corey Peters
80. Al Woods
91. Torrell Troup

And at the oft-mentioned DE/OLB position:

25. Jerry Hughes
32. Sergio Kindle
40. Koa Misi
45. Everson Griffen
58. Corey Wootton
79. Ricky Sapp
84. Jason Worilds

And last but not least:

92. Carlos Dunlap

It would appear that the Patriots will have their pick of a number of talented pass rusher (as long as there is not a run on them) at 22. It would be hard to fathom them doing otherwise but predicting the Patriots draft is never easy. If this board is correct I don't see the Patriots moving back more than 3-4 slots either (maybe they can pick up a third).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes