PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he is OK :(

Edit: why does someone think this is funny?

Last edited:
I mean, hes on a pace for 45 catches/ 600yds and 1/2 a dozen TDs. Thats decent.

...but hes not JE, Sanu and I don't think he has the talent of Harry or has the ceiling of Meyers.

Curious. What do you think Meyers' ceiling is?

I mean he catches pretty much everything and is consistently in the right spot. Shades of Dola (not in playstyle obviously).

He does seem to be our Amendola replacement in the "20 catches in a down year but they all help a lot" category.

Dorsett could be the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL, doesn’t get any respect
That 'award' already belongs to a guy on this team named 'James White' - years of incredible plays yet your average fan doesn't acknowledge his presence

**** he’s getting waived? ****

He sucks and cant get open.

He doesn't suck but he's not Flash Gordon anymore. He still has good speed, but it's not like his best days in Cleveland. Still, I'd rather seem him running routes out there than Dorsett or Jakobi Meyers. Even with losing a half step he's got great hands and size and still decent speed. Seems more like an effort thing to me and inconsistency. Even the commentators of some of the Pats games mentioned in a couple times where Gordon stopped his routes prematurely.

This times 1000
I was just going to post the same.
Patriots can bring him back on a cheap contract who else would touch him?
Who else would touch him?! Watch!!! Seriously tons of teams will be after him IF his injury does not prevent him from returning this year....or if not...for next year. Gordon was not “right” this year I’ll agree with that....he wasn’t 100% to start the season....but once he gets back to 100% watch out...he will be elite again....Best of luck Josh....thanks for everything!!!

Guess that is the logic behind waiving him. Didnt realize he was eligible for termination pay.

Still kinda weird they would throw away a potential comp pick unless they either know that they will have too many FAs leaving anyway or will be active players in FA which given the projected capspace relative to the number of FAs is not likely.

You can't release a player on IR without said player agreeing to an injury settlement. The release is at Gordon's behest, full stop.

It would help if you actually read the post I was replying to. Also, you're wrong. Numerous Reporters have said they could waive Gordon when he was 100% healthy. They mentioned ZERO about an injury settlement once he was healthy..

Wow that sucks!! Makes the sanu trade look even better now im guessing bb knew they may be without Gordon. Glad Jacobi is starting to step his game up. Edelman/ Harry / sanu/dorsett / meyers is still a solid lineup if harry picks things up
Meyers stepped up his game against the Jests....will have to see how he does against defenses like the Bills or Balt...still feel like Pats need at least one more “elite” WR and a great TE

...but hes not JE, Sanu and I don't think he has the talent of Harry or has the ceiling of Meyers.
45 catches and 600 is pretty solid as a #3 in this offense. What sort of output do you expect from a #3 WR? He doesn’t need to be Edelman.

According to @Miguel , Gordon is NOT eligible for termination pay. Jason_OTC is a good source, but Miguel is better when it comes to the Pats.

To be fair I only saw what Jason wrote because Miguel retweeted it. So if that was inaccurate then nvm.

Now we’ll have to deal with bring back Josh Gordon and bring back AB post in every thread

Never a dull moment with this team

I hear you, but I still think you are undervaluing Dorsett. He, as a #3, with Brady and this D : you know it’s enough. Doesn’t mean he’ll light it up every weekend, nor that the SB is a sure thing. I’m more than ok with Dorsett as #3, because of White.

To be fair I only saw what Jason wrote because Miguel retweeted it. So if that was inaccurate then nvm.

Looks like Miguel removed his post and deferred to Jason..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST