PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell's new contract is signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big ***** Kraft never misses an opportunity, to miss an opportunity. The fact that he’s on the compensation committee and didn’t use his position to make Goodell pay for stealing his draft picks is truly disappointing.
Why wouldn’t he? He’s happy with the job Goodell is doing. It’s obvious.

Worth watching the entire response.

LAy8t.gif

NFL.com disabled comments on the official announcement. Was curious to see what the fans thought.
The Fuhrer would rather have no discussion on this.
upload_2017-12-6_18-18-53.png

Well, that seals it. Confirmation that the NFL owners care nothing about the competitive integrity of the game, only making money.

When TB12 and BB are gone, I'm gone.
The league makes money with or without Goodell because football is huge in America. Despite the league making money under his "guidance," it seems revenue is trending down. Part of this is the kneeling controversy, but most of it has to do with negative changes to the game and general bungling from Goodell.

The owners, regardless of outward appearances, are not idiots. They know they'll still make a profit under Goodell. What this extension signals, however, is that the owners are more interested in preserving the appearance of "business as usual" rather than risk hurting their pride by admitting Goodell has been a mistake.

I'd be interested to see the language of the contract about termination, because if things get worse under Goodell in terms of profits or pr imbroglios, I could see the owners finally swallowing their pride and moving forward with someone else. Also, look for a strike this next cbo because there won't be any miracles this time under Goodell's mismanagement.

At this point I wonder if the league has accepted that this golden era is going to end soon and are just focused on maximizing their short-term profits. Either that or they're idiots that think there aren't going to be ramifications for pissing of everyone outside of the 32. Prestigious club indeed.

On the downfall of the NFL people are talking about, check out this graph of NFL YoY revenue. Persistent growth:

Revenue of the NFL 2001-2016 | Statistic

Roger's major moments (via wikipedia):
Flag protests must not have made the list yet.

Putting my tinfoil hat on, I would guess his job is to CREATE controversy and fan irkdome just to drive the news cycle, especially to keep relevant during the offseason.

How else does an equipment violation get two years of press, a $1MM fine and a QB suspended for 4 games if it's not just publicity?

Football is entertainment.

I have a feeling now that we look look back on this extension as a major factor in ensuring that a work stoppage does indeed take place after the next CBA expires.

The owners keeping this turd in place delivers not only big "EFF YOU" to all the fans that boo him mercilessly,

it is the equivalent of taunting the players union by standing over them and gloating after delivering multiple uncalled-for cheap shots (Ray Rice, concussions, bountygate, Miami harassment-gate, PSI framegate, Elliot, etc.)

I have a feeling now that we look look back on this extension as a major factor in ensuring that a work stoppage does indeed take place after the next CBA expires.

The owners keeping this turd in place delivers not only big "EFF YOU" to all the fans that boo him mercilessly,

it is the equivalent of taunting the players union by standing over them and gloating after delivering multiple uncalled-for cheap shots (Ray Rice, concussions, bountygate, Miami harassment-gate, PSI framegate, Elliot, etc.)

Agree, but putting on my conspiracy tinfoil...

Maybe the 32 plan to can Roger as a concession to the NFLPA at the next CBA negotiations. No real loss and they trade his faux dismissal for some new or continued shafting of the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes