Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Florio knocks this one out of the park.

NFL has no comment on Revis tampering investigation

Consider the broader context. At the same time, the NFL was chasing wisps of air pressure to eventually prove (even though it failed to do so) that the Patriots tampered with footballs during an AFC championship game played after Johnson announced that a cookie raid was coming. So what was done to grill Jets front-office employees, to demand the surrender of cell phones (sounds familiar for some reason), and to otherwise get to the bottom of a rabbit hole that, as expected, contained a big, nasty, stinky, smelly rat? From the league’s perspective, we’ll never know.

A couple of other circumstances make this one even more intriguing. First, in July of 2015, Rod Graves took a job at the league office after spending two years with the Jets. What kind of interrogation, if any, did he face regarding the Revis tampering case before or after getting a job at 345 Park Avenue? Second, if/when the Jets cut Revis, will Revis spill the beans on how his then-terminated contract came to be?

The Jets might end up paying out Revis his $6M even though they could potentially pursue it due to the legal issues. Maybe it will count as hush money.

Meanwhile, this league is a ****ing joke.

raw

A couple of other circumstances make this one even more intriguing. First, in July of 2015, Rod Graves took a job at the league office after spending two years with the Jets.

Considering the Jets are one of the most poorly run organizations in pro-sports what justification could league have for recruiting so heavily from them other than the obvious.

Last edited:
Huh, and all this time I thought his middle name was "****weed".

I'd say the Patriots won, no matter the punishment or lack thereof.

Meh. I'd say the Patriots won, no matter the punishment or lack thereof. The Jets never got the player they thought they were getting.

The fact that it didn't work out for the Jets is not a good reason to let them off the hook for obvious tampering! Especially when there's no evidence that Spygate or Defamegate netted us any actual on field benefit and we still got the business and then some. We need to hold Jolly Roger's feet to the fire again on this one!

Bozo hypocrisy Goodell, do I have it right?

Great piece.

Personally, I decided a long time ago that the only "justice" that Brady and the Patriots are going to get, they will have to get on the field. This is starting to happen, as some media and public opinion have turned in the Pats' direction since SB LI. But, the haters will never stop hating.

Unless someone hacks the NFL and delivers incriminating emails and texts, the lie of Deflategate is just going to be believed by anyone who wants to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back