PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Go Joe Theismann - "Tom Brady innocent in Deflategate"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Took some time but I am glad to read a reputed QB deflate deflategate in such strong terms!

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/joe-theismann-tom-brady-innocent-in-deflategate-1.10668516

Some of his nuggets that should resonate with every reaonsable fan of the game:
---------
"He has absolutely everything in the world to lose and nothing to gain in this kind of situation,'' he said. "You ask yourself a question: Why? What would be Tom's motivation?"

"They said 11 of the 12 Patriots balls were underinflated,'' Theismann said. "Well, was there a problem with the gauges? The officials handle the football as much as the quarterback through the first half of the game. They didn't notice anything? And three of the four balls used by the Colts were underinflated, but they didn't measure all of them. There's a series of questions I just don't understand.''

What infuriates Theismann nearly as much as the suspension is the lengthy delay over the appeal.

--------

That's pretty cool.

But imagine how great Tom would feel if Joe Montana came out in support of him. His childhood idol sticking up for him.

Too bad Montana made some bullsh.it vague wishy-washy statement 2 months ago and has since disappeared.

He's smart enough to know this entire thing is a sham

That's pretty cool.

But imagine how great Tom would feel if Joe Montana came out in support of him. His childhood idol sticking up for him.

Too bad Montana made some bullsh.it vague wishy-washy statement 2 months ago and has since disappeared.

Montana now has company. Not just the rings (Bradshaw) but the equivalency of legend status. He's butthurt I'm sure which is why you will hear nothing from him. I hope he gets 5. End it period.

Atta boy Joe.

Sad, though that it takes 6 months to start hearing guys come to only logical conclusion.

These other three start to look petty or driven by some other motivation ( broadcaster access)
Hall of Famers Jim Kelly, Troy Aikman and Joe Montana publicly criticized Brady for what they believe was his deliberate use of underinflated balls.

I hope Theismann won't be surprised when he's canned from being on NFL* network's playbook.

@Gumby For what it's worth Joe Theismann said this from the start on NFL* Network when the report first came out. Understandable that you didn't see it with everyone else on the NFLN* taking the report as Gospel.

Good for Theisman, but what concerns me is the silence of most of the quarterbacks in the league.. imagine if they all came out against Goodell idiocy??

What they do not get is that any of them could be next...

He's been supportive of Brady since the beginning, I remember him coming out with strong statements early on too. He's like one of few who have looked at this realistically instead of through jealousy glasses, you know Aikman and Brunell for starters. I can't even begin to explain just how much I hope Brady refuses to do any type of interviews EVER with any of these asses that flat put called him a cheater and refused to look at the facts or hell even report the facts!

Good for Theisman, but what concerns me is the silence of most of the quarterbacks in the league..

This has bothered me from the outset. Where is the expected groundswell of support from his fellow QB's, former and current?

Bunch of petty *****es all of them, hoping to raise their standing against TB.

This has bothered me from the outset. Where is the expected groundswell of support from his fellow QB's, former and current?

Bunch of petty *****es all of them, hoping to raise their standing against TB.

Remember hearing some commentary on the NFLPA and how it is not all that powerful; no guaranteed contracts, a very short average shelf life of players and a really crappy contract. The theory espoused was that players are not invested in the larger group of NFL Players as they view it as survival of the fittest..

Good for Theisman, but what concerns me is the silence of most of the quarterbacks in the league.. imagine if they all came out against Goodell idiocy??

I very much doubt that. Didn't Aaron Rogers publicly admit that he likes to finesse the balls over the legal limit? Everyone pretty much laughed it off.

If Peyton was accused of this, do you really think the league would pay a lawyer $5M to put together some 1/2 baked case against him?

The NYFL* reeks to high heaven and I'm glad someone is calling them out on it.

Theismann saying some of the same things we all said 4 months ago.

always liked theismann..
it's not so hard to understand but all of the blowhards on espn cant wrap their minds around simple logic.

Theisman has been defending Brady from day 1. Love him, always have.

hey, I need a twitter av --- cool if I steal your sig?

awesome for theismann, but note how he repeats that pernicious mortenson bs?
that stuff is like your naked pics on the net

That's pretty cool.

Tainted Joe should disappear. He is part of some of the most blatant and obvious cheating in league history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes