PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Given this loss, will Brady pass 4-0 Joe Montana?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Brady pass Montana?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to win 5 to do what no other QB has done in the Sb era... if he wins 4 he will be below Montana because Montana was a perfect 4-0 and never threw a pick talk about perfect

as a fan i want to see him and the pats win the SB every year... but does it make him any less of a QB if he only has 3 i mean come on if Dan Marino got just one Ring he would have been the GOAT at QB because of the stats he put up in he's era,

Brady has played in five SB's so far and has had pretty much a Different leading receiver each time, Montana is still the GOAT in my eyes but just look at all the HOF players he played with in Bradys Five SB's i think only Brady Moss and Adam V will get in the hall

Not all of us are. I agree with this.

Yeah, same here. Really, the only hope is to do what they did with Elway and build a superior supporting cast. Tough to think that's going to happen, although, they are not miles away.

I would be happy with just a 4th Super Bowl win at this point. Then Tom joins only Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw as being one of three QB's with 4 rings.

I could care less because chances are he'll have more rings than Manning, Brees, etc. As long as he has more rings than his current peers, then I'm satisfied.

What does it matter if Brady passes montana or not. This fall under the heading of "states are for losers"

Fine…but what about provinces and other territories?:D
Sorry, just trying to make light of sh*tty day.

Love Brady but have to chime in about Montana.
Joe Montana won a few Superbowls first before Jerry Rice and Roger Craig were ever drafted. He won a few championships with no name offensive players, and he also won multiple championships by winning playoff games in which they had to have a TD, and Montana was clutch in getting those game winning TD's (not field goals). So, let's not mischaracterize Montana, I wouldn't be surprised if 20 years from now people were saying Brady was good because he had Randy Moss and Gronk and forget about those first few Superbowls.

Also, Joe Montana was not only 4-0 in Superbowls with zero picks, but he still holds the playoff record for most passing TD's. This is remarkable, given that in the 1980's maybe 1 QB in the entire league would throw over 4000 yards or 25 TD's in any season, whereas in 2012 there were a dozen QB's who threw over 4000 yards and many over 30 TD's. All passing stats after 2004 are inflated due to flag football rules. Montana's playoff QB rating is also higher than Brady's, again even more remarkable having done it in the 1980's before flag football rules.

Last edited:
I think we need to worry less about where Brady and BB stand in the history of the game and worry more about filling up the trophy shelf in Patriots Hall with so many Lombardi Trophies that it breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back