PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore wins [PFWA] dpoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the award we are used to around here but he earned it.

He has won the PFWA DPOY (announced today) and various other ones, so based on the All-Pro AP voters, betting odds, and huge consensus among writers and executives, I think it's extremely likely he wins the AP DPOY award, which is the official one. But that won't be announced until the day before the SB I believe.

Trade value all time high just playing devils advocate here

He's also getting up there in age with a big salary hike coming. I don't know if that's enough for something to give, but you're not crazy.

This defense was built to stop Mahomes but the team got taken out by a power running team. It's the opposite of teams from 2009 to 2013 with terrible corners.

He has won the PFWA DPOY (announced today) and various other ones, so based on the All-Pro AP voters, betting odds, and huge consensus among writers and executives, I think it's extremely likely he wins the AP DPOY award, which is the official one. But that won't be announced until the day before the SB I believe.
Works for me

He's also getting up there in age with a big salary hike coming. I don't know if that's enough for something to give, but you're not crazy.
The dead money hit this year makes it very unlikely but who knows the year after depending on what happens with JC Jackson. That guy has 'reset the market' written all over him though if he has another solid year.

Trade value all time high just playing devils advocate here
Absolutely fabulous since he’s been here. Plays hard, studies, gets results.

BUT, if a team was desperate for that “one last piece”, I’d be tempted. Almost 30, possible transition year for NE, JC waiting in the wings to ascend (and cheap as well). Add to that J Jones and you could see them entertaining a move.

Having said that : if NE is just reloading for another run w Brady - keep him and ride it. It depends on what your 2020 vision looks like.

For two 1st round picks.. :D

The dead money hit this year makes it very unlikely but who knows the year after depending on what happens with JC Jackson. That guy has 'reset the market' written all over him though if he has another solid year.

I'm probably overrating the age factor considering how many huge contracts get handed out every year to guys older than 30. You're probably right that he'll reset the market.

Good for him, I was concerned that last game vs. Miami might have hurt him.

Nice work on his part

2021 will be the major adjustment year. He'll be 31yrs old unless he turns into Darrell Green or Mike Haynes thats close to the end for shutdown CBs.

They might be able to get $2m in cap space this year and push it to 2021. He'll be 30 next year which is fine.

This defense was built to stop Mahomes but the team got taken out by a power running team. It's the opposite of teams from 2009 to 2013 with terrible corners.
Need to replace Shelton and don't understand why butler didn't play much in the loss plus cowart inactive

2021 will be the major adjustment year. He'll be 31yrs old unless he turns into Darrell Green or Mike Haynes thats close to the end for shutdown CBs.

They might be able to get $2m in cap space this year and push it to 2021. He'll be 30 next year which is fine.
Ya the reset the market I was talking about JC. Hopefully we have both in 2021 though would be nice.

The way to diminish an exceptional rushing attack is to get ahead on the scoreboard by passing. The Pats passing offense was putrid this season.

Football Outsiders passing rank
2019 - 14th
2018 - 4th
2017 - 1st
2016 - 2nd
2015 - 4th
2014 - 5th
2013 - 6th
2012 - 1st
2011 - 2nd
2010 - 1st
2009 - 2nd
2008 - 15th - Matt Cassel was QB.

If KC plans to beat Tenn that would be my plan.

This is our first DPOY ever, right?

Fitting that page 1 of the thread to celebrate it has calls to trade him.

I hate the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back