PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gillette Stadium moving back to Natural Grass?

Yet those fields become almost unplayable when the weather is bad, you've seen it yourself, everyone here has.

How do they deal with the way ROK Architects built a quiet stadium that couldn't grow grass? ROK was based in KC.
Modern technology and the fact they closed off the open end of the stadium this year.

Problem is having the soccer team tear up the grass on Saturday before the football game on Sunday.

Modern technology and the fact they closed off the open end of the stadium this year.

Problem is having the soccer team tear up the grass on Saturday before the football game on Sunday.

Kraft has been looking for a place to build a separate stadium for the Revs witbh 20-30K capacity for years. If that happens, there would be no issues with the Revs tearing up the field.

Ive always wondered about the health risks of ingesting those tiny pebbles under field turf every time a soccer or football player hits the ground

Ive always wondered about the health risks of ingesting those tiny pebbles under field turf every time a soccer or football player hits the ground
Microplastics are ok. They wouldn't still be using plastics if it was harmful.

Every turf field I have seen or been on the filling is shredded rubber, not plastic. Sand as a base.

We have a very bad track record when it comes to consumer safety.

But there have been no definitive studies, despite those anecdotal reports of cancer clusters for soccer players, which were on NBC and various news channels a few years ago.

But there's no doubt that the tire rubber that the pellets are made from has known carcinogens in them, and you also have to treat the field occasionally to prevent MRSA from growing.

We have a very bad track record when it comes to consumer safety.

But there have been no definitive studies, despite those anecdotal reports of cancer clusters for soccer players, which were on NBC and various news channels a few years ago.

But there's no doubt that the tire rubber that the pellets are made from has known carcinogens in them, and you also have to treat the field occasionally to prevent MRSA from growing.
Sounds so safe. Glad Krafty put the turf in!

For what it's worth, Revolution coach Bruce Arena said today that the Krafts would be installing a "permanent grass field".

Never heard of this. Got a link?
I was told of this by the Finance / Accountant head at my kids school (private) who oversaw the installation of a new field last summer. I asked him if they had looked around for pro or college teams to donate an older field in good condition. He told me that the actual turf is only 1/4 of the actual cost, as as the grading and fill materials that go down prior to turf are the bulk of the cost, and then he mentioned maintenance. That's when he talked about the MRSA killing agents. It's called Biocide.

But here's an article on MRSA and synthetic turf: The Fate of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a Synthetic Turf System

Every turf field I have seen or been on the filling is shredded rubber, not plastic. Sand as a base.
I like some fried rubber and onions now and then.

Wash it down with these fancy energy drinks with 20 different chemicals in the bottle.

Is actually eating those teeny tiny pellets actually a known issue? I mean, yeah those pellets spray up on contact but I can't imagine terribly many players are letting them into their mouth and then swallowing....

Regardless I have to think that if such a thing was actually ingested then, much like Coach Carroll on the 3 yard line of the Super Bowl, they would pass.

What sleep machines? CPAP??
Huge recall of Phillps CPAP machines last year. They found that the noise-canceling foam inside the machines can break down and cause harm. Over 100 deaths have been blamed on the issue.

It is not an issue in the vast majority of the machines, but the money grabs, most without any evidence of harm, started right away. Huge class action lawsuit.
This is a common example…Long-time smoker who is also on Phillips CPAP develops lung cancer and proceeds to blame it on the CPAP machine, not the 40 years of cigarettes. God Bless America.

Wow!

The Packers literally bring grow lights on the field every night? That is wild.

View attachment 43553

Electricity is $.10 less a kwh in Wisconsin than Mass. In fact, only (understandable) Hawaii (38.15) has a significant higher kwh rate than Mass's 25.59. So that might be one reason Krafty doesn't want grow lights. Grow lights pull a large amount of power, in fact most police departments have an agreement with the local electric company to notify them if a property has a ridiculously high bill, because it usually means it's a grow house.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back