PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gillette Stadium moving back to Natural Grass?

I don't know about the other stadiums but Gillette has probably 8-10 Revolution home games from August - November plus high school super bowls, all during the season. Once we get the first frost I'm sure the real turfwill get destroyed just like it did years ago
Like I said, it's about money. Kraft also goes to strip malls for you know what, so let's not pretend he goes all out all the time with the cash.

The cost is higher, maintenance, etc. That's why I asked about the rumors of the Revs stadium in Boston. I could have sworn there was a rumor about him building a separate, smaller soccer stadium, which would help this process.

The architect who was from KC built the fecking stadium in the wrong orientation to grow grass. They tried to grow it and failed. Not enough sunlight. Stadium is designed to be quiet and not have grass. They designed away our HFA. Foxboro was louder.

But Kraft spent his on money so shouldn't complain too much right?

We just don't have the climate for the grass to be sustainable in the colder months AND take a pounding.

When they put in sod it doesn't have time for the roots to take hold and makes it dangerous for the players

Yeah, I remember that they tore out the grass and replaced it because the filed turned into a mud pit with the patriots and revolution both playing on it.

We just don't have the climate for the grass to be sustainable in the colder months AND take a pounding.

When they put in sod it doesn't have time for the roots to take hold and makes it dangerous for the players

Have you ever seen how they do it in GB? Pretty interesting. It can be done, it's just a pain in the butt and expensive. Here is an article talking about the lengths GB went to build their field. I found it interesting how 3 percent of the grass is actually synthetic grass evenly spaced apart. The heating system is pretty rad too.

I'd love to see kraft invest in something like this.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen how they do it on GB? Pretty intresting. It can be done, its just a pain in the butt and expensive
Yea with the lights and stuff. Very interesting.

OT- I'm anal about my lawn so I have a great appreciation for the money, time and effort to have a quality turf.

Have you ever seen how they do it in GB? Pretty interesting. It can be done, it's just a pain in the butt and expensive. Here is an article talking about the lengths GB went to build their field. I found it interesting how 3 percent of the grass is actually synthetic grass evenly spaced apart. The heating system is pretty rad too.

I'd love to see kraft invest in something like this.
Exactly. It's a money thing. That's all it is. Kraft just used the multi-stadium use thing as an excuse.

Yea with the lights and stuff. Very interesting.

OT- I'm anal about my lawn so I have a great appreciation for the money, time and effort to have a quality turf.

If you are a man of the lawn, then you'd like the article I added to the post.

Exactly. It's a money thing. That's all it is. Kraft just used the multi-stadium use thing as an excuse.

He didn't do them any good in giving them an advantage with crowd noise, he could at least give them the best field possible. Real grass would be amazing.

I miss the grass.

Bob Kraft, to start.

I'm not a soccer guy, so please don't take this as snark, as it's meant seriously. I thought Kraft was considered to be a lousy soccer owner who didn't really care about his team, beyond the profits.

Real grass? Yes!

I have been to the games for many years. When we had a grass field and the Revs played on it previously it looked like hell. During the cold and rainy months it was a nightmare

I have been to the games for many years. When we had a grass field and the Revs played on it previously it looked like hell. During the cold and rainy months it was a nightmare
Advances have been made, and grounds crew improvement should not be difficult.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back