PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants as trade partners

Patsgofor4

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
At 0-5, they are toast this year and need to rebuild. I would think that they would/should listen to offers at the deadline, especially given the depth of the 2014 draft. They have three veteran DTs (Patterson, Jenkins, Rogers) would be solid additions for the Pats and could likely be had for a late round pick.

Dream scenario - I also wonder whether they would be willing to deal Nicks, as it is unlikely that he will resign with them. I would likely take a lot, as they may be expecting a high compensation pick for him.

At 0-5, they are toast this year and need to rebuild. I would think that they would/should listen to offers at the deadline, especially given the depth of the 2014 draft. They have three veteran DTs (Patterson, Jenkins, Rogers) would be solid additions for the Pats and could likely be had for a late round pick.

Dream scenario - I also wonder whether they would be willing to deal Nicks, as it is unlikely that he will resign with them. I would likely take a lot, as they may be expecting a high compensation pick for him.

Interesting thought, but we could've had Marvin Austin (former 2nd round pick) for nothing, as he was a casualty of numbers at DL, and yet they passed on him and Miami finally scooped him up. I'm all for additional talent and depth on the DL though.

I don't think that we'd want Nicks. He would still need to be paid, which is the biggest issue. On top of that, he has been somewhat injury prone at times, and the chances of someone at WR being able to come in and contribute/pick up our system at this point in the season are slim.

Unless you're willing to make him inactive and slowly bring him about throughout the next few weeks at best, which doesn't make much sense.

In the end it'd be the monetary issue that would prevent us from acquiring him anyway though, and that's IF the NYG even want to part with him.

Bet they'd love one of our LBs.

No thanks. None of their tradeable assets (guys they're actually willing to trade) are worth trading for.

The only thing they have that we want are bigger DTs but they are all older. Do we want to piss away late round picks again? :/

They're only two games out of first. There's no way coughlin is going to surrender, and given how awful that division is, he really shouldn't yet.

The Giants swoon every year, typically midseason. I doubt the season is viewed lost at game 5 by a team that wins rings with 9 or 10 regular season wins. As lousy as the NFC East is, those jokers could all be tied at 3-13, splitting divisional games, and be looking to tiebreakers when the season ends. That season is far from over at this point.

Although it might make sense for the Giants to throw in the towel and look ahead to 2014, that does not appear to be the case. They're trading away draft picks, not collecting them; they just traded for Jon Beason.

The NFC East is so bad this year that even though they are 0-5, the Giants are only two games out of first place. Even though Hakeem Nicks will be a free agent next year, I don't see them trading him - at least not yet. Other than Nicks, is there anybody else that would be worthwhile for the Patriots to to trade for that the Giants would realistically want to get rid of?

The sad, well more like pathetic thing is they are only 2 games out of first place. There's 11 games left and 4 divisional games, so technically they're very much alive.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back