• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just missed on Menet - a pity would be strong 3rd center project for TC/PS
my fat binkie Thonga gone at last min as well

EDIT - thought it was udfa thread :)

Last edited:
Mac Jones.

I'm all in.
Yeah weird year that way. Usually it's the obscure 4th rounder... this time it's "Do we have The Guy? Hope So! Let's see!" Merry Draftmas ho ho ho

Also, pretty thin attendance this year. Not good for the site, but part of me is okay with the world shrinking to Patriots fans not Brady (only) fans.

And YES I want Mac Jones to see the field by then and YES I'd like him to win the TB game with at least enough QBing involved that we can nonsensically say he "beat Brady."

Yeah weird year that way. Usually it's the obscure 4th rounder... this time it's "Do we have The Guy? Hope So! Let's see!" Merry Draftmas ho ho ho

Also, pretty thin attendance this year. Not good for the site, but part of me is okay with the world shrinking to Patriots fans not Brady (only) fans.

And YES I want Mac Jones to see the field by then and YES I'd like him to win the TB game with at least enough QBing involved that we can nonsensically say he "beat Brady."
The sooner we know Mac Jones is the guy the better. Fail fast/ROI ASAP.

Starting Week 1 is a stretch by I fully expect he'll be seeing the field if things so sideways....especially after shelling out $150m in guaranteed money.

Can a first round pick be a binky? What's the rules. I need to know.
Yep. A binky can be any player that you have a rooting interest in seeing do well.

Tre is my binky
I don’t think Mac should be an option. Gotta dig deeper people

Well despite @RobertWeathers ban-able attempt to break the old traditional rules, I'm going to pick Tre Nixon as my binky.

Reasons why:

1. Of all of the draft analysts, which I haven't read yet, he seems to have the most upside.

2. Tre Nixon.....Trot Nixon... Providence.... I think so. Coincidence? I think not.

Tre is my binky
I don’t think Mac should be an option. Gotta dig deeper people
I died on the football equivalent of Golgotha only to see my binky-of-binkies Braxton Berrios cut and play for the Jets.

I can't take that kind of pain again.

Mac Jones is my rebound binky.

For me a binkie will be an underdog who fights against all odds to make the team. For me that is Tre Nixon. I love the draft class and I am totally invested, but I am so invested I feel like I am more demanding that potential is reached.

No stirrings in the nether regions from the draft picks yet, but my contrarian spirit is on the side of the underdog, so sorry, N'Keal, you're my guy -- you played hard last year with little appreciation.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back